Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #86


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



This week's pick is SPELLCASTER by Claudia Gray.
It's going to be published on March 5th, 2013 by HarperTeen.

Goodreads Summary:
When Nadia’s family moves to Captive’s Sound, she instantly realizes there’s more to it than meets the eye. Descended from witches, Nadia senses a dark and powerful magic at work in her new town. Mateo has lived in Captive’s Sound his entire life, trying to dodge the local legend that his family is cursed - and that curse will cause him to believe he’s seeing the future … until it drives him mad. When the strange dreams Mateo has been having of rescuing a beautiful girl—Nadia—from a car accident come true, he knows he’s doomed.

Despite the forces pulling them apart, Nadia and Mateo must work together to break the chains of his family’s terrible curse, and to prevent a disaster that threatens the lives of everyone around them. Shimmering with magic and mystery, New York Times bestselling author Claudia Gray’s new novel is sure to draw fans of the Hex Hall and Caster Chronicles series, and fans of the hit CW TV show The Secret Circle.

Even though I own two of Claudia Gray's books I have yet to read any of them. But since I've only heard great things about her books and love the sound of Spellcaster, I really hope to get to read this one - especially since its release isn't that far away.


What are you waiting for this Wednesday?
 

12 comments:

  1. Spellcaster definitely sounds dark and intense. Interesting pick and the cover is definitely a one of it's kind.

    Here's my WoW!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am exactly like you.. I only own one book but I still haven't had the chance to pick it up!
    this does sound great

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the first book from her Vampire Series and like it .. I dropped the series after book 2 or 3. Still. I'm looking forward reading this new series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gray's Fateful was my favourite book of my January reads, so I'm pretty excited even though it has had some non-favourable reviews :( Thankfully it's out soon!

    My WOW post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome cover!! Thanks for sharing this one with me...I wasn't familiar with it before. Sounds like one I would enjoy!

    Come and check out my WOW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THis type of book is exactly what I like. I haven't heard of it before, but I going to check it out. I love the cover, too!

    Great pick!

    Here’s Mine: Waiting on Wednesday Pick

    Michelle :)
    Author, Pods, available June 4th

    ReplyDelete
  7. Think this book sounds awesome :D Just pre-ordered it last week ;p So excited for it :) Hope you'll love it too sweetie :D Great pick. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really excited for Spellcaster. It sounds really good, and I love the cover. Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. This look sooooo good! I've seen it advertised on good reads a time or two. Adding TBR list!
    New follower <3
    Beth @ YA Vixens
    Vixen's WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh! The recommended for is right up my alley! I loved Hex Hall and liked the Castor Chronicles.

    Awesome pick, I had to heard of it.

    My WoW @The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really looking forward to reading this one. It sounds great. I hope you enjoy reading your pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!