Monday, February 18, 2013

Fictional Distractions of the Week #57

Welcome to Fictional Distractions of the Week. It is inspired by Book Journey's It's Monday! What are you reading? and Fiktshun's My Reading Pile and it will show you what I'm planning to read during the next week.


The books I plan to read this week:


Before I actually started reading Things I Can't Forget by Miranda Kenneally, I finished reading The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead today, which means that this contemporary has a lot to live up to. I really enjoyed the previous two companion novels a lot, but am a little bit scared so far (I'm 10% into it right now) that it might be a tiny bit too religious for me.

Afterwards I'm hoping to read Gilt by Katherine Longshore which I've been wanting to read for the longest time. It's been sitting on my shelf for about one or two weeks and I'm finally going to get around to reading it. I definitely have to read a lot more historical novels and since I love the Tudor era, this is a very good opportunity to do so.

And maybe I'll even get around to start reading Wicked Kiss by Michelle Rowen, which is the second book in the Nightwatchers series. I enjoyed the first installment surprisingly much and am therefore hoping to like this one just as much.


What are your Fictional Distractions of the Week?

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read Gilt. It sounds great and I love the Tudors <3 Happy reading!

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all sounds amazing :D I hope you will love them sweetie. <3 This week I will be reading a bunch of eARCs :) Doll Bones, The End Games, Reboot, The Ward and maybe Wild Awake :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first one sounds great! I haven't read any of Miranda Kenneally's books yet but I know lots of people loved them. :)

    I'll be reading Vortex by Julie Cross this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely going to have to check out Gilt! I love books about the Tudors.

    And I'll be reading Teeth this week and I just finished The Archive. Also hoping to read Some Girls Are or Why We Broke Up. :D

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!