Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #83


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



This week's pick is BEAUTY by Nancy Ohlin.
It's going to be published on May 7th, 2013 by Simon Pulse.
ISBN: 9781442472655 | pre-order: The Book Depository / Amazon US / Amazon UK / B&N

Goodreads Summary:
Looks to kill for...

Ana is nothing like her glamorous mother, Queen Veda, whose hair is black as ravens and whose lips are red as roses. Alas, Queen Veda loathes anyone whose beauty dares to rival her own—including her daughter.

And despite Ana’s attempts to be plain to earn her mother’s affection,
she’s sent away to the kingdom’s exclusive boarding school.

At the Academy, Ana is devastated when her only friend abandons her for the popular girls. Isolated and alone, Ana resolves to look like a true princess to earn the acceptance she desires.

But when she uncovers the dangerous secret that makes all of the girls at the Academy so gorgeous, just how far will Ana go to fit in?

What are you waiting for this Wednesday?

15 comments:

  1. I like the looks of this. It sounds like a remake of Snow White with an added twist. Love it! Can't wait for the release.

    Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW
    Renae @ Rolling with the Moments

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I love this cover. It's gorgeous. Seems like an interesting book :D Hope you'll love it sweetie. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im liking this cover :) I love how it is very pretty but also has a rose with very sharp looking thorns, it makes me think the book will have some dark elements :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover is absolutely gorgeous but sadly I don't like the summary.. I'd love to read some reviews of the book when it comes out... I hope you enjoy reading it, though!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cover! I'm not sure if I'd be into the story, due to the boarding school aspect, but I may give it a go.


    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this on someone else's list too! The cover is gorgeous and I'm intrigued by the plot!! Great pick!!
    Here’s My W.o.W.!

    xo
    jaime

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds lovely! I can't wait to check it out for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cover! Hope you enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book looks great and the description sounds even more amazing!
    Come check out my wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not come across this book before. Thanks so much for bringing it to my attention. Happy Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very honored that you chose BEAUTY for your WoW this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kinda like Snow White but in a Academy setting (which is a fave of mine). Amazing cover as well. Thanks so much for sharing :)

    Added to my TBR!!

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!