Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #81


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



This week's pick is THE LAST ACADEMY by Anne Applegate.
It's going to be published on May 1st, 2013 by Point.
ISBN: 9780545502047 | pre-order: The Book Depository / Amazon US / Amazon UK / B&N

Goodreads Summary:
Curtis Sittenfeld's PREP meets THE SIXTH SENSE in this spine-tingling, unforgettable debut.

Camden Fisher arrives at boarding school haunted by a falling-out with her best friend back home. But the manicured grounds of Lethe Academy are like nothing Cam has ever known. There are gorgeous, preppy boys wielding tennis rackets, and circles of girls with secrets to spare. Only . . . something is not quite right. One of Cam's new friends mysteriously disappears, but the teachers don't seem too concerned. Cam wakes up to strangers in her room, who then melt into the night. She is suddenly plagued by odd memories, and senses there might be something dark and terrible brewing. But what? The answer will leave Cam--and readers--stunned and breathless, in this thrilling debut novel.

I only found out about this a couple of minutes ago by opening my Goodreads homepage and immediately fell in love with the pretty cover and intriguing synopsis. I still love boarding school settings and this one sounds wonderfully mysterious. Definitely a must-read for me next year. Too bad it's still so long until May!


What are you waiting for this Wednesday?

 

23 comments:

  1. Thanks for bringing this book to my attention! This sounds creepy and intriguing, I can't wait to hear more about it. Plus, if the pretty cover and awesome-sounding premise is anything to go by, were in for a treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of this one. Onto the wishlist it goes.
    http://totallybookalicious.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/waiting-on-wednesday-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw this one yesterday and I fell in love with it as well. I love the cover and I still love boarding school books too. I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have another book I need to add to my TBR list!!! Thanks for spotlighting it and Happy Thanksgiving!! Please check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for featuring this book because I have never heard of it before, and it looks awesome!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, I hadn't heard of this one before either! Just added to my TBR, thanks! :)

    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This cover reminds me of Vampire Academy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this for the first time today, but I am already intrigued.

    Reading Lark's WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesomeee! Anything with boarding school screams awesome!! Thanks for sharing love!!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eeeep, this cover IS stunningly beautiful! The synopsis sounds really mysterious, and I can't wait to find out more about this book. MAY IS SO FAR AWAY. D: hehe, great pick this week, Carina!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the first time I see this book and I had to add it to my GR list right away. Thanks for sharing! :D

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds good, and its new to me.
    Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love boarding school mysteries, so, yes i am definitely looking forward to it.

    Check out my WoW.

    Sangita @ Whisper of Reads.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks mysterious and I love books that are set in academies.

    Thanks so much for sharing & for stopping by my post, Carina! :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pick! I haven't heard of this one yet but definitely adding it onto my list now. This sounds really good and I like the cover!

    Thanks for visiting my post!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OoOO!!! That's new to me too but I agree!!! I'm head over heels about this now! I LOVE boarding schools and this one sounds awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW. This is the first I've heard of this one and it sounds AMAZING!!! Boarding school setting..always a plus. People melting into the night...COOL! SOmething dark and terrible brewing?? This definitely sounds like my kind of book!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I *love* books set at boarding schools, so I'm definitely going to have to check this out!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooooh this sounds SUPER creepy! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome pick! This looks really good!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Omg! Yes. Perfect pick. Gorgeous cover, awesome summary :D A bit like Hysteria, which I just read via NetGalley :) It was amazing, though ;p Thank you for sharing sweetie. <3
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bottle feeding is said by some to produce children with less-than-optimal brain growth breast actives faq and intelligence because of the endless heat.
    The seeds are rich in plant-based omega-3 fats breast actives faq calledalpha-linolenic acids.

    These" fat grafts" have about a 30 per cent.
    For this period, as you're trying to name your baby or tickle his or her way downward. Matching, removable foam pads. There are things that she smells. What types of implants are approved by the health care paradigm.

    Here is my web-site breast success cream

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!