Thursday, November 22, 2012

Cover Comparisons #73: Partials by Dan Wells

Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



  Partials by Dan Wells
(US / UK / GER)
You can click on each cover to enlarge it.


To my shame I have to admit that I still didn't manage to read Partials despite the very awesome things I've heard about it (feel free to make me see reason in the comments). I actually like all of these covers as their composition of images is very beautifully done. The German cover's colours are definitely more eye-catching, but I think I prefer the more muted colors of the US and UK versions. These two don't have too many differences, but the longer I look at them the more I realize that I prefer the UK version. The typography and the light violett tint of the picture appeal to me a tiny bit more.
Which version do you like best?
  
pollcode.com free polls 



Last week's Cover Comparisons is currently at a tie between the new US cover and the UK cover for Maggie Stiefvater's Scorpio Races. Feel free to vote here for your favorite version.



Which version of Partials do you like best? Why?
I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Carina

3 comments:

  1. I like the German one the best. Like the vivid colors. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a tough decision! I love the coloring of the German cover! But I like the girl in the tank better from UK/US.

    So, I think my fav is the US, but it would be even better with the coloring from the UK cover. Even though US and UK both capture the scenery with their colors, UK has a better effect on me..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the US cover :) I don't like too much extra text on the cover, so that's why I prefer this one over the UK (even when I like the violet glow)

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!