Thursday, November 15, 2012

Cover Comparisons #72: The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater

Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



  The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
(US Hardback / US Paperback / UK / GER)
You can click on each cover to enlarge it.


I always like the fantasy-like feeling of Maggie's covers because they usually fit her beautiful writing oh-so-well. To my shame I have to admit that I haven't read The Scorpio Races yet, but I've had a UK copy ever since the book has been released and really hope to get to read it soon. Therefore it's also obvious that I definitely prefer the UK cover to US hardback cover - the latter is a little bit boring to me instead of just beautifully simple. The new US version (to be released April 2013) is a little bit better as it has more life to it, but I still prefer the UK cover. The German version is pretty, but - to me - slightly boring, too.

Which version do you like best?
  
pollcode.com free polls 





Which version did you vote for? Why?
I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Carina

7 comments:

  1. When I saw the US paperback cover, I fell in love. This is already one of my all-time favorite books and the new cover just made the hearts go off in my eyes all over again. That one is definitely my favorite and I like that it's the same artist that did The Raven Boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorites are the UK and the US paperback. I just wish the paperback had the horse sideways on it but still, very pretty. I haven't read this yet but I did love The Raven Boys and The Wolves of Mercy Falls so I do plan on checking it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED the US Hardback cover the best out of all of them! I just find that its simple and very awesome!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite is the UK cover but I quite like the German cover too :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carina! You really, truly need to read this book. The Scorpio Races is perfect. I have read it four times already ;p lol :) You will not regret reading it. I actually love the US cover :D Find it to be perfect. <3 and it is so pretty in person as well ;p But I do also love the new US cover, and the UK cover :) Do not like the German one at all :p lol :) Anyway. Thank you for sharing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Scorpio Races one was my favorite.

    -On a side note, I recently graduated from a top 10 law school in the US and I found your blog by searching for law students. So, I hope to stay in contact! :)

    Hope to see you on my blog soon ♥
    A Preponderance of Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why is there no new UK Paperback Cover?Or anyone knows if there will be?

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!