Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #78


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


by Jennifer E. Smith
Publisher: Poppy
Expected Publication: April 2nd, 2013
Pages: 416
Goodreads Summary:
If fate sent you an email, would you answer?

In This is What Happy Looks Like, Jennifer E. Smith's new YA novel, perfect strangers Graham Larkin and Ellie O'Neill meet—albeit virtually—when Graham accidentally sends Ellie an email about his pet pig, Wilbur. In the tradition of romantic movies like "You've Got Mail" and "Sleepless in Seattle," the two 17-year-olds strike up an email relationship, even though they live on opposite sides of the country and don't even know each other's first names.

Through a series of funny and poignant messages, Graham and Ellie make a true connection, sharing intimate details about their lives, hopes and fears. But they don't tell each other everything; Graham doesn't know the major secret hidden in Ellie's family tree, and Ellie is innocently unaware that Graham is actually a world-famous teen actor living in Los Angeles.

When the location for the shoot of Graham's new film falls through, he sees an opportunity to take their relationship from online to in-person, managing to get the production relocated to picturesque Henley, Maine, where Ellie lives. But can a star as famous as Graham have a real relationship with an ordinary girl like Ellie? And why does Ellie's mom want her to avoid the media's spotlight at all costs?

Just as they did in The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, the hands of fate intervene in wondrous ways in this YA novel that delivers on high concept romance in lush and thoughtful prose.


I adored The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight soooo soooo much and freaked out a little bit when I find out about Jennifer's upcoming book. This sounds seriously cute and slightly mysterious, too, and I can't wait to get a copy and devour it as fast as possible. I wish I didn't have to wait until April!

Which book are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Carina

21 comments:

  1. I just heard about this one a few weeks ago, but it sounds great! And I LOVE the cover.

    Great pick! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pick! This book is on my TBR list, can´t wait to read it.
    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds good. I want to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight so I'm excited to read this one as well. I'm super curious about Ellie's family secret now too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must.Read.The.First.One.First! the cover is so damn cute :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You haven't read TSPoLaFS yet? What are you waiting for?! :D

      Delete
  6. I love the font and their reflection in the water. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by! Great pick! I definitely can't wait for this one either!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes!!!!! I NEED this one! It sounds so awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First time hearing of this one. It looks awesome and I really like the cover as well. Thanks for sharing, Carina :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. New follower :) I'm not a big contemp YA reader, but this one sounds so cute, I might just have to check it out!
    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to read almost no contemporary books when I started blogging, but by now I really love them. I'm not reading enough of them yet, though. :D

      Delete
  11. I wasn't the biggest fan of Jennifer's TSPoLaFS, but I am still really excited for this one, it just looks so ADORABLE. :) Great pick this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE her writing and I had no idea this book was coming out. I'm totally adding this to my list. Great feature!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read TSPoLaFS yet, but I think the guy having a pet pig is enough for me to add this to my list XD

    Here's my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally agree! I read "The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight" during one day, because I just couldn't stop. Now I'm dying to read this book - it sounds really good, so I'm as anxious as you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the sound of this one !! I didn't know there was another book by Jennifer E. Smith soon to be released, that's sooo awesome !! I really liked The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight so I'll definitely read this one !!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am really looking forward to this book, i loved The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't know how anyone could not be excited for This Is What Happy Looks Like. The premise sounds amazingly good, the kind of contemporary YA novel everyone would love reading. :)

    Liz @ Midnight Bloom Reads

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!