Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #76


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Premeditated by Josin L. McQuein
Publisher: Delacorte Books FYR
Expected Publication: October 2013
Goodreads Summary:
A week ago, Dinah’s cousin Claire cut her wrists.

Five days ago, Dinah found Claire’s diary and discovered why.

Three days ago, Dinah stopped crying and came up with a plan.

Two days ago, she ditched her piercings and bleached the black dye from her hair.

Yesterday, knee socks and uniform plaid became a predator’s camouflage.

Today, she’ll find the boy who broke Claire.

By tomorrow, he’ll wish he were dead.


This book is definitely unique on my tbr-list. Usually I don't really like these way-too-heavy contemporaries that remind me how awful people can be (bad guys always seem to be less real when they're in a paranormal setting; a bit weird, I know). But something about this summary and cover combination makes me really curious about Premeditated and I'd actually like to give this a chance. Too bad it's still a year to wait until its release.

What are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Carina

19 comments:

  1. Wooooow October 2013?! That's way in the future. This book comes out a year from now. Anyway, fantastic pick, this one looks soooo good. Thanks for sharing!!! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god EVERYTIME I read the synopsis of this book I get THE SHIVERS!!! I NEED it so badddd

    amazing pick, seriously

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like how the story will end. She'll fall for the boy. She will. *sighs*
    Thanks for sharing!
    Here's my WoW.
    Have a great day!
    *New GFC follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Correction: I feel like *I know* how the story will end.
      Sorry. :3

      Delete
  4. This sounds amazing. I have been excited about it since I read the synopsis. Why is it so far away though!

    Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this book not too long ago on someone else's WoW... A revenge novel maybe??
    But it does sound interesting!!
    Thanks for sharing!!!
    My WoW is http://ilovebooksclub101.blogspot.com/2012/10/waiting-on-wednesday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of revenge in this one! I'm really looking forward to reading this but omg I just looked at the publication date! So far away!

    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a pretty popular one this week, thanks for sharing it! ^.^ If you want to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh Me too! As soon as I saw this cover I knew I wanted to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing, I have added it to my infinite wishlist;) I hope you read it soon :)x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick Carina :) !! I love the cover and it sounds like an emotional contemporary read, I definitely look forward to know more about this one.
    I see that you're reading Poison Princess .. I can't wait to read your review on this one !! Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooooo. This sounds amazing. I don't think I've ever read a YA about revenge before so I am SO adding this to my TBR list. I really love thriller movies and shows and Revenge is such a fascinating topic to me. I can't wait to read this. Thanks so much for sharing, Carina. Awesome choice this week :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so excited for this book. It looks soooo good. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That does sound intense. I hope you enjoy it once you get it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy cow, this one sounds freakishly intense! Eeep! I usually shy away from these types of books too, but it looks so intriguing..!! Great pick this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to agree, this one sounds so intense and amazing! Love the cover, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Already on my to-read lit. The books sounds pretty great. I hope you enjoy it when it comes out. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohh. I actually love the summary of this book! Sounds pretty awesome ;) And I do like the cover :) Great pick :D But goddamn it. One year? Aghh.
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!