Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #77


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Invisibility by Andrea Cremer & David Levithan
Publisher: Penguin
Expected Publication: May 7th, 2013
Pages: 358
Goodreads Summary:
Stephen has been invisible for practically his whole life — because of a curse his grandfather, a powerful cursecaster, bestowed on Stephen’s mother before Stephen was born. So when Elizabeth moves to Stephen’s NYC apartment building from Minnesota, no one is more surprised than he is that she can see him. A budding romance ensues, and when Stephen confides in Elizabeth about his predicament, the two of them decide to dive headfirst into the secret world of cursecasters and spellseekers to figure out a way to break the curse. But things don’t go as planned, especially when Stephen’s grandfather arrives in town, taking his anger out on everyone he sees. In the end, Elizabeth and Stephen must decide how big of a sacrifice they’re willing to make for Stephen to become visible — because the answer could mean the difference between life and death. At least for Elizabeth.

It was love at first sight for me and that über-gorgeous cover. And then I read the synopsis and realized that this beauty has a huge potential to be just as pretty on the inside. I really cannot wait to get my hands on a copy of this and find out whether it'll live up to my expectations.

Which book are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Carina

18 comments:

  1. I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR THIS ONE! I loved loved LOVED David Levithan's Every Day so I really can't wait for this one. I haven't read anything by Andrea yet but I'm excited to! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO excited to read this! I've seriously never read a book by either David OR Andrea (I SUCK, I KNOW O__O) but come one! It looks AND sounds amazing! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Invisibility has been a VERY popular pick the last two weeks, so much buzz! Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you'd like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday post you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited to read this one! I've had my eye on it for a few weeks and I hope this one is as good as it sounds!
    Great pick!

    Come check out my WoW post :)

    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this cover. SO pretty..and I love the authors and the name Stephen. This book is definitely not going to suck :D
    ------
    Giselle from Book Nerd Canada
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seeing this one a lot lately. It's going to be an interesting story with Cremer and Leviathan at the helm!

    Nikki @ Books Most Wanted

    ReplyDelete
  7. This seems like such an odd pairing. Odd enough that I'm very curious. Nice pick Carina.

    Our WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds lovely! I hope you enjoy it when it comes out :)

    Here is my WoW post. Check it out? ;)

    -Maxine @ Teenage Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh, gorgeous cover :D And yeah. The summary is awesome. The book sounds pretty great ;) Awesome pick, sweetie :D Hope you'll love it. <3
    Love, Carina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excited to see what these two authors can do together! This looks like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pick. It sounds like a good read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A popular choice today, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/10/waiting-on-wednesday-owlet-by-emma.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the cover not sure about the plot but thanks for sharing, happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  14. the more i see this title the more i want to read it A.S.A.P :)

    Here is mine



    Maria


    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so excited for this one. No matter how many times I see it, I still get pretty excited for it! Great pick! Thanks for sharing. :)

    MaryAnn @ Chapter by Chapter
    Our WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I already have Invisibility on my to-read list and I'm really looking forward to reading it. The summary makes it out to be a very interesting book and I would love to read it when it comes out. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the cover for this book, it looks gorgeous !! Great pick ;)

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!