Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #79


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
by April Genevieve Tucholke
Publisher: Dial (Penguin)
Expected Publication: August 15th, 2013
Goodreads Summary:
You stop fearing the devil when you’re holding his hand…

Nothing much exciting rolls through Violet White’s sleepy, seaside town…until River West comes along. River rents the guesthouse behind Violet’s crumbling estate, and as eerie, grim things start to happen, Violet begins to wonder about the boy living in her backyard. Is River just a crooked-smiling liar with pretty eyes and a mysterious past? Or could he be something more? Violet’s grandmother always warned her about the Devil, but she never said he could be a dark-haired boy who takes naps in the sun, who likes coffee, who kisses you in a cemetery...who makes you want to kiss back. Violet’s already so knee-deep in love, she can’t see straight. And that’s just how River likes it.

Blending faded decadence and the thrilling dread of gothic horror, April Genevieve Tucholke weaves a dreamy, twisting contemporary romance, as gorgeously told as it is terrifying—a debut to watch.

Please do something so I'm craving this book a little bit less, because - wow, it just sounds über-awesome. Creepy. Amazing. Why does it have to come out in August? I want it to be released right now!

What are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Carina

8 comments:

  1. Wow, august! That's a really long time! Can't wait to read this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm this reminds me a BIT of Falling Under by Gwen Hayes and I am not the biggest fan of Devil novels but it does sound good!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like it is going to be AMAZING! I can't wait. The cover is all kinds of gothic and creepy and awesome.

    I am very excited to meet River!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one does sound good! I love the title...very atmospheric.
    Here's my My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this a few weeks ago, and it looks fantastic! At first glance I wouldn't have picked it up just because of the cover but after reading the synopsis I've added it to my TBR!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds way unique (always a plus) and that premise? So intriguing, it leaves you wanting more! August, huh? That's quite far away... Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Geez I never heard about this book till now! It sounds soooo good! Definitely adding it to my TBR pile right now!

    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grr, we all have to wait an INSANELY long time for this book! It sounds so freaking awesome, great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!