Monday, October 8, 2012

Fictional Distractions of the Week #48

Welcome to Fictional Distractions of the Week. It is inspired by Book Journey's It's Monday! What are you reading? and Fiktshun's My Reading Pile and it will show you what I'm planning to read during the next week.


The books I plan to read this week:


Since I'm a terribly slow reader at the moment, I have yet to read Mystic City by Theo Lawrence, which had already been on my reading pile for the last week. I have only read a couple of pages so far, but I'm definitely intrigued and am looking forward to find out more about this story - especially since so many others have loved it.

After that I really need to read Ember by Carol Oates, which I've been craving to read for a long, long time and since I'm participating in this series' blog tour next week, it's time for me to finally read Ember. Really hope that my expectations will be met.

And maybe, just maybe, I might get to start The Shadow Society by Marie Rutkoski, which sounds like a very unique YA read, which initially made me sooo curious about it. I didn't have the chance yet to check out some reviews for it, but I think that quite a few people already read and liked it, so I'm looking forward to find out more about it myself.


What are your Fictional Distractions of the Week?



6 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of your titles but they seem interesting. :) I hope to read more YA. I can only read before bedtime so realistically, I can just finish a couple of books in a week. This week, my fictional distractions are The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells and Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler. :)

    ~ inlibraryparadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover of Mystic City and The Shadow Society. This week my fictional distractions are: The pledged and The Immortal Rules.

    Sangita @ Whisper of Reads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MYSTIC CITY sounds so interesting! That reminds me to go grab it from Edelweiss. :) I have THE SHADOW SOCIETY on my TBR as well. Hope you enjoy it!
    - Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to read Mystic City! I hope you like it! I'll also be reading The Shadow Society later this week too! Fingers crossed it is a good one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These all sounds great! Looks like you are going to have a great reading week! I am really intrigued by The Shadow Society, I have not heard of it before so I need to look into it! Thanks for visiting me today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I reallt want to read Mystic City so I look forward to know what you think of this one :) !! Happy reading ;)

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!