Thursday, October 18, 2012

Cover Comparisons #71: Tempest by Julie Cross

Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



  Tempest by Julie Cross
(US Hardback / US Paperback / GER)
You can click on each cover to enlarge it.


I'm not really sure which cover of these I like most. To be honest, I don't love any of these, even though they are definitely special. The typography of the German cover is very pretty and unique, but I probably wouldn't have chosen this color along with a male cover model. The new US cover is definitely more eye-catching than the older one. Nonetheless I feel as though it's a bit too hectic for my taste and would probably rather pick up the older version, even though this one's colours are a tiny bit too gloomy for me... you see, I can't really make up my mind.

Which version do you like best?
  
pollcode.com free polls 


Which version did you vote for? Why?
I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Carina

8 comments:

  1. I voted for the US Paperback, it has more spark! But I agree the typography of the German cover is pretty! But. the boy.. meeeeh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going with the US hardback, just because I like the stormy gray background. Maybe I'm a fan of gloomy? Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the US hardcover. The new one is okay too but like you said, it is hectic and can kind of hurt my eyes to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the US hardcover, but I see why they changed it. It makes the book look more ethereal than the book actually is. I think the hectic design of the paperback relates more to time travel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the US one, the new version is too distracting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These covers aren't my favorite either, but between all of them, i think US hardback would be the nicest.. and gosh the german one is horrible! lol! Thanks for sharing!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!