Thursday, October 25, 2012

Short Story Review: Iron's Prophecy by Julie Kagawa

Iron's Prophecy by Julie Kagawa
Series: The Iron Fey #4.5
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
First published: September 1st, 2012
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback (part of The Iron Legends)
Pages: 76
Goodreads Summary:
Meghan Chase is finally getting used to being the Iron Queen, ruler of the Iron Fey. Her life may be strange, but with former Winter prince Ash by her side at last, she wouldn’t have it any other way.

But when they travel to the Summer and Winter courts’ gathering for Elysium, the oracle from Meghan’s past returns with a dire prophecy: “What you carry will either unite the courts, or it will destroy them.” Now Meghan faces a devastating choice that may determine the future of all fey—and her and Ash’s unborn child…
This review might include spoilers for the previous books of the series.

My Rating: 5.0 / 5

What I thought about it:
I've been in love with this series ever since I started reading the first few pages of The Iron King and still cannot get enough of its characters and world-building. Julie Kagawa has managed to create such a beautiful albeit slightly scary world that sucks you in even with the smallest snippets of writing - so of course I ended up loving Iron's Prophecy, too.

This is set not too long after The Iron Knight and gives us a tiny glimpse into Meghan's life as the Iron Queen. It ends up setting the scene for The Lost Prince and gives us a few ideas about what Julie might have in store for those characters that we've fallen in love with. I just absolutely adored the little adventure that brought a couple of our favorite heroes back together and made me reminisce about their previous adventures.

I definitely recommend reading this before reading the first installment of the spin-off, The Lost Prince, because even though it's not necessary, it makes certain scenes and actions a bit more understandable. All in all, Iron's Prophecy is another wonderful novella and adds very interesting facts to the Iron Fey series.


Have you read this series? If yes, have you read Iron's Prophecy, too, or do you plan to read it?
If no, what are you waiting for?!

I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Carina

3 comments:

  1. Maybe I should read it after all!!! I absolutely love this series and The Spin Off, but ... I hate Short Stories.. like, I don't pick them up - ever. I have no idea why I'm so reluctant, especially considering that there are more and more X.5 Novellas coming out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, sweetie. <3 :) glad you loved it :D Heh, I read The Lost Prince first (A) haven't read this yet. But I do have it, and I will read it. Pretty sure I will love it too :)
    Love, Carina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this too! I was really sad when I finished it though because I just wanted more and I did read The Lost Prince but it's not the same as The Iron King. Still good though.

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!