Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #75


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


The Rules by Stacey Kade
Series: Project Paper Dolls #1
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Expected Publication: April 23rd, 2013
Pages: 416
Goodreads Summary:
1. Never trust anyone.

2. Remember they are always searching.

3. Don’t get involved.

4. Keep your head down.

5. Don’t fall in love.

Five simple rules. Ariane Tucker has followed them since the night she escaped from the genetics lab where she was created, the result of combining human and extraterrestrial DNA. Ariane’s survival—and that of her adoptive father—depends on her ability to blend in among the full-blooded humans, to hide in plain sight from those who seek to recover their lost (and expensive) “project.”

But when a cruel prank at school goes awry, it puts her in the path of Zane Bradshaw, the police chief’s son and someone who sees too much. Someone who really sees her. After years of trying to be invisible, Ariane finds the attention frightening—and utterly intoxicating. Suddenly, nothing is simple anymore, especially not the rules…

It was definitely time for a new Waiting on Wednesday post since I neglected this way to much during the last two weeks. And even though I still have to write my paper (have to hand it in next Tuesday), I'm finally starting to see that I'm getting close to its end and can't wait to finally go back to "normal" life.

I'm also very happy with my WoW pick, which I found just a couple of minutes ago by accident on my Goodreads homepage. Doesn't this sound absolutely awesome? These books with a storyline based on genetics etc. are really "in" at the moment and this one sounds even more interesting than the others that I'm already craving to read. And I love the cover. Can't wait to get to read it!

Which book are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Carina

8 comments:

  1. Gimme!!! I really love the look of this one too! And the cover is just simply beautiful!!

    Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW
    Renae @ Rolling with the Moments

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I hadn't even heard of this one before, and I am now adding it to my Goodreads "to be read" list. It sounds amazing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one has been on my tbr list since June 11, 2011...which is when I read and loved The Ghost and The Goth. Great series btw. I hope this new series is just as awesome.
    Waiting For Wentworth

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is high on my TBR list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that she's a genetic project - and that she just wants to live a normal life, though she has to hide how she's different from everyone else. Hadn't heard of this before today, but I'm glad you posted about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pick! I can´t wait to read it.
    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this one on my to-read list already and it sounds pretty interesting. I would love to give it a try when it comes out. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.
    And also you can check out my international giveaway, here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. good luck on your paper!!

    and yes, this book DOES sound amazing! I love stumbling on really good books on my GR page :D

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!