Monday, September 10, 2012

Fictional Distractions of the Week #45

Welcome to Fictional Distractions of the Week. It is inspired by Book Journey's It's Monday! What are you reading? and Fiktshun's My Reading Pile and it will show you what I'm planning to read during the next week.


The books I plan to read this week:


The first book I'll be reading this is Flight by Alyssa Rose Ivy. I've actually already started it and I'm definitely enjoying it a lot at the moment. So far I'd definitely recommend it to everyone who enjoyed Illuminate by Aimee Agresti - and maybe even to those who thought that Illuminate was a bit slow paced but liked the concept of the story. 

My second read for this week will be Beneath the Glitter by Elle & Blair Fowler. I've been watching beauty-Youtube-videos even before I started to read book blogs and Elle and Blair's videos were on my to-watch list as well. I'm definitely curious about the story they came up with, even though it doesn't sound too original. We'll see...

And my (hopefully) third read for this week will be Ironskin by Tina Connolly which sounds like such an amazing and creative story that I can't wait to finally start it. I've featured this in a previous Waiting on Wednesday post many weeks ago and did a tiny happy dance when I realized that it was on NetGalley. Now I'm just crossing my fingers that I'll enjoy it as much as I'm expecting?


What are your Fictional Distractions of the Week?




Do you prefer the old (klick here for an example) or the new layout / format / lack-of-summaries of Fictional Distractions of the Week?

9 comments:

  1. Good goal! I'd be lucky if I can get through one book this week! Can't wait to see your thoughts on Ironskin. It intrigues me!

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ironskin sounds awesome. I can't wait to read your review of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm soo excited to hear how you will like IronSkin! I finally have to read Breath and Midnight City!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, pretty covers :D Seems like awesome books ;) Hope you'll love them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I first heard about Ironskin I was really interested! I nearly requested a copy from netgalley, but then I heard some pretty conflicting opinions. Unfortunately I think I'll be putting this one off for a bit until I see some more reviews (& I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for yours!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eep, Ironskin is a book I'm looking forward to reading. Can't wait to see what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ironskin was a bit disappointing for me. It could have been better. I hope you are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!