Monday, September 3, 2012

Fictional Distractions of the Week #44

Welcome to Fictional Distractions of the Week. It is inspired by Book Journey's It's Monday! What are you reading? and Fiktshun's My Reading Pile and it will show you what I'm planning to read during the next week.


The books I plan to read this week:

Again, I didn't get much reading done last week, so I only finished one book and finally started Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett. I'm 10-20% in and like it so far, even though I expected the main character to be a bit older than she actually is. Let's see how this'll work out.
Goodreads Summary:
Rose Zarelli, self-proclaimed word geek and angry girl, has some confessions to make…1. I'm livid all the time. Why? My dad died. My mom barely talks. My brother abandoned us. I think I'm allowed to be irate, don't you?

2. I make people furious regularly. Want an example? I kissed Jamie Forta, a badass guy who might be dating a cheerleader. She is now enraged and out for blood. Mine.

3. High school might as well be Mars. My best friend has been replaced by an alien, and I see red all the time. (Mars is red and "seeing red" means being angry—get it?)

Here are some other vocab words that describe my life: Inadequate. Insufferable. Intolerable.

(Don't know what they mean? Look them up yourself.)

(Sorry. That was rude.)

Then I have to (and am dying to) start My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century by Rachel Harris, which does not only sound super awesome, but has got some really amazing and raving reviews so far. Definitely very excited and hoping to at least start or maybe even finish this week.
Goodreads Summary:
On the precipice of her sixteenth birthday, the last thing lone wolf Cat Crawford wants is an extravagant gala thrown by her bubbly stepmother and well-meaning father. So even though Cat knows the family’s trip to Florence, Italy, is a peace offering, she embraces the magical city and all it offers. But when her curiosity leads her to an unusual gypsy tent, she exits . . . right into Renaissance Firenze.

Thrust into the sixteenth century armed with only a backpack full of contraband future items, Cat joins up with her ancestors, the sweet Alessandra and protective Cipriano, and soon falls for the gorgeous aspiring artist Lorenzo. But when the much-older Niccolo starts sniffing around, Cat realizes that an unwanted birthday party is nothing compared to an unwanted suitor full of creeptastic amore.

Can she find her way back to modern times before her Italian adventure turns into an Italian forever?

I really doubt that I'll actually get so much reading done, but I'm actually hoping to start Flight by Alyssa Rose Ivy as well since its blog tour will be stopping by soon. Its summary definitely sounds intriguing, so I hope I'll enjoy it.
Goodreads Summary:
Sometimes you just have to take flight.

A summer in New Orleans is exactly what Allie needs before starting college. Accepting her dad’s invitation to work at his hotel offers an escape from her ex-boyfriend and the chance to spend the summer with her best friend. Meeting a guy is the last thing on her mind—until she sees Levi.

Unable to resist the infuriating yet alluring Levi, Allie finds herself at the center of a supernatural society and forced to decide between following the path she has always trusted or saving a city that might just save her.

What are your Fictional Distractions of the Week?


2 comments:

  1. I really liked Confessions and I also thought and hoped she would be older, but it didn't bother me in the end as I loved it so much!
    I'm reading Eve & Adam this week and probably Breath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I can't wait to hear about My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!