Thursday, September 6, 2012

Cover Comparisons #70: Nevermore by Kelly Creagh

Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



Nevermore by Kelly Creagh
(US / GER)
You can click on each cover to enlarge it.


I have to admit that I've never really been a huge fan of Nevermore's US cover, which is probably one of the main reasons why I've never felt the urge to pick up a copy of it despite all the raving reviews. But when I saw the German cover I got curious instantly, because despite its very girly colours it's very special and unique and would immediately catch my eye. Definitely my favorite of these two!
Which version do you like best?
  
pollcode.com free polls 





Which version did you vote for? Why?
I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Carina

8 comments:

  1. I like the US version better just because Varen's on the cover. :) Heh, what can I say? I'm a very superficial person.

    Though, the German cover gave props to Poe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both, but I love the US one more. I saw it on a blog way over a year ago and I immediately knew that I NEEDED this book. It was instant cover and description love, and I wasn't disappointed. I'm eagerly waiting for my copy of Enshadowed to arrive already!
    You're the second person I've heard saying that they dislike the US cover though, and I'm curious as to why that is?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've voted for the German cover! I don't like the cover from the US, because I'm not a huge fan of faces on the cover :) It also doesn't stand out for me, while the German cover intrigues me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I voted for the German cover, too. the US version is nothing special. They are different models, but they are doing nothing different. I would have liked it better if the cover was all black and the title and the words were the same. No models. Just a stark, simple cover. That would have better fit with Poe, anyway. I don't think the German cover is the best cover ever, but it is interesting and it screams Poe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the German cover and I couldn't believe my own eyes when I saw the US one was in the lead. The German cover is just so much more intriguing, the US one practically screams BORING and unoriginal at me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I honestly like the US cover more, because the German seems too noisy for me.. I guess i like simple covers better! But great post, first time i see the german cover!
    - Farah @Majibookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  7. Probably the first time I'm going for the German cover!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read these books yet, partially because the US cover is such a turn-off for me. I LOVE the German cover, though. Like you said the combination of girly colors and the raven is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!