Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #70


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Unremembered by Jessica Brody
Publisher: Farrar, Straus & Giroux
Expected Publication: March 5th, 2013
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 320
Goodreads Summary:
The only thing worse than forgetting her past... is remembering it.

When Freedom Airlines flight 121 went down over the Pacific Ocean, no one ever expected to find survivors. Which is why the sixteen-year-old girl discovered floating among the wreckage—alive—is making headlines across the globe.

Even more strange is that her body is miraculously unharmed and she has no memories of boarding the plane. She has no memories of her life before the crash. She has no memories period. No one knows how she survived. No one knows why she wasn’t on the passenger manifest. And no one can explain why her DNA and fingerprints can’t be found in a single database in the world.

Crippled by a world she doesn’t know, plagued by abilities she doesn’t understand, and haunted by a looming threat she can’t remember, Seraphina struggles to piece together her forgotten past and discover who she really is. But with every clue only comes more questions. And she’s running out of time to answer them.

Her only hope is a strangely alluring boy who claims to know her from before the crash. Who claims they were in love. But can she really trust him? And will he be able to protect her from the people who have been making her forget?

Oh wow, please tell me you think this is just as awesome as I'm thinking? I found this on Goodreads yesterday and realized that many had already added it to their to-read list and felt like I had missed something über-special. I absolutely love how mysterious it sounds and even though the whole memory-loss-thingy isn't the most unique idea, I can't wait what Jessica Brody has done with it. Wish it were March already.

What are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Carina

37 comments:

  1. Great pick! I just heard about this book recently too and it sounds amazing. Definitely have this one on my list and I can't wait to read it!

    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha sometimes I feel the same: finding a book and seeing everyone knows about it and I had no clue :)) This one DOES sound fantastic!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick!I just added it to my TBR list.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so gritty and awesome and absolutely amazing. The cover is gorgeous, all blurry and what not and I can't wait for this!


    My WOW

    And check out my giveaway HERE

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does sound amazing. It's interesting and it caught my attention... I'd love to get my hands on a copy when it comes out. Great pick!
    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. my sister really enjoyed the last jessica brody book she read. i really like the sound of this one. i'm adding it to my wishlist. great pick :)

    my WoW

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome pick. Adding it to my TBR wish-list immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm on the fence about whether I want to read this or not. It sounds really good, but I get frustrated with memory loss books because you never really know what actually happened...

    Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW
    Renae @ Rolling with the Moments

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds soooo good. I am going to add it to Goodreads right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot wait for this one! It sounds sooooo good! I love memory loss storylines and this one has a nice spin to it. Great pick! :)
    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great pick, i am totally adding this one to my list! Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it sounds awesome too! If she does it right, memory loss can be really cool (Jason Bourne :) I thought that finding her alive was very chilling and kind of gave me an Unbreakable vibe. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one sounds AHAMAAAZING *say this on a singing tone*

    My WoW pick

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've seen this one around and I agree - it sounds FANTASTIC. I'm completely intrigued by the premise, and I'm loving the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This one looks amazing, I have not heard of it but I will be keeping an eye out for it. Great choice

    My WOW and international giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never heard of this one but I'm so glad I did because it sounds awesome. Thanks for the share great pick.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds like a unique and interesting story. I'm going to add it to my TBR list.

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh...This is a new one. Never heard of it. Sounds good. I wonder why the author chose the name "Seraphina?" It's not that common, but I've heard it in a couple of books and in a play-movie! Go figure...lol...I will be adding this book to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh...This is a new one. Never heard of it. Sounds good. I wonder why the author chose the name "Seraphina?" It's not that common, but I've heard it in a couple of books and in a play-movie! Go figure...lol...I will be adding this book to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ohboy. This sounds like it's going to be one hell-of-a good book! Kinda sounds like a mix of the TV show Lost... Except she can't remember anything. And is actually found, lol.

    THanks for stopping by earlier! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just heard of this one last week. It sounds so good. Can't wait to read it. New Follower =] Thanks for sharing and My WoW
    Michael @ The Bookshelf Review

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ohh, the cover looks really nice! With the fade effect... mmm!! Can't wait! Thanks for sharing!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great pick! I really want to start reading some of Jessica Brody's novels. They all seem like great reads. I'll definitely be sure to pick this one up next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh snap. This sounds amazinggg. It seems different and I love the cover.

    Thanks for sharing, Carina. Adding this to my TBR, asap :D

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! That one is now on my TBR list - thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ooh. This one sounds like a good read. I haven't heard of it before. Thanks for sharing :)

    Thanks for stopping by
    @ Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my gosh! This does sound exciting! Haven't heard of this one before but it's definitely on my radar now!
    New follower here, Hooray!
    Here's My WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This was my WoW pick a couple weeks ago! I still can't get over that cover - just stunning!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  29. Just added this to my TBR pile, I have never heard of it before but after reading that synopsis I am definitely going to keep my eyes open for it =D

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oooh, this cover is amazing! I always feel like I'm the last to know about most popular books, lol!
    Hope you get to read this one soon, great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow! Unremembered sounds awesome! I'm adding this to my tbr. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hmmm this looks interesting! Never heard of it before. LOVE the cover! Great pick! I'll have to check it out!

    http://delibrarie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the blurriness of the cover. :) Definitely excited for this one! Great pick.

    Here's my WoW

    Randi @ Cardigans, Coffee and Bookmarks

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yes this sounds SO good I can't wait to read it!! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This sounds really good. I'm going to add it to my wish list now too :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!