Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #71


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


The Shadow Society by Marie Rutkoski
Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux
Expected Publication: October 16th, 2012
Format: Hardcover, eBook
Pages: 416
Goodreads Summary:
Darcy Jones doesn’t remember anything before the day she was abandoned as a child outside a Chicago firehouse. She has never really belonged anywhere—but she couldn’t have guessed that she comes from an alternate world where the Great Chicago Fire didn’t happen and deadly creatures called Shades terrorize the human population.

Memories begin to haunt Darcy when a new boy arrives at her high school, and he makes her feel both desire and desired in a way she hadn’t thought possible. But Conn’s interest in her is confusing. It doesn’t line up with the way he first looked at her.

As if she were his enemy.

When Conn betrays Darcy, she realizes that she can’t rely on anything—not herself, not the laws of nature, and certainly not him. Darcy decides to infiltrate the Shadow Society and uncover the Shades’ latest terrorist plot. What she finds out will change her world forever . . .

In this smart, compulsively readable novel, master storyteller Marie Rutkoski has crafted an utterly original world, characters you won’t soon forget, and a tale full of intrigue and suspense.

I first saw this last week as someone else's WoW feature and fell in love with not only the gorgeous cover but its very intriguing summary. And I'm glad it's not that far away, because it's already going to be released in October. YAY!

What are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Carina

Edit:
This is on NetGalley! Go here to request it.

15 comments:

  1. Great choice. This was mine a few weeks ago. I cannot wait to read this one.

    Shortskie's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is indeed a great pick. I just got this the other day as a review copy, and now I am looking for work seeing if it really is as good as we hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick. The Shadow Society sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe I first saw this one on a WOW post a few weeks ago too! It sounds amazing! I am so used to discovering books that are really far off for release so it was a pleasant surprise that we wouldn't have to wait too long for this one! Great pick!
    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great pick. I can't wait for this one too..

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=3024

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also saw that one as someone else's WoW a while back and added it to the TBR list immediately! It sounds like something new. Plus, I like books set in Chicago :)
    Thanks for sharing! Here's <a href="http://shelfspaceneeded.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-demon-eyes-by.html>my WoW</a>.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh.. I saw this on Netgalley and contemplated requesting it. I does sound good! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I requested it immediately when I saw it. Really hope it's as good as I'm expecting it to be. ;)

      Delete
  8. Ooh, I've never heard of this one - but it sounds absolutely intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick! I'm excited for this one. I'm glad to see that they have a cover for it now. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. woah, never heard of this one but it sounds so good! *adds to tbr* I love the reflection on the cover! :D
    My WOW: http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm eagerly waiting for this one too!

    great pick! =D

    Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick, sweetie :D I do think this book sounds interesting. Not sure if I would like it ;p but it seems good :D Hope you'll love it. <3

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!