Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #69


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Expected Publication: March 12th, 2013
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 480
Goodreads Summary:
Pitched as a "Bourne Identity"-type sci-fi thriller about a teenage girl who discovers that she is a Mobile Intel Life-like Android, an experiment in artificial intelligence created by the U.S. government, and her scientist mother, who kidnapped her when she was found to have human emotions.


The summary does not yet tell us to much about Mila 2.0 but in combination with this über-gorgeous cover, I cannot wait for it to be March 2013. This sounds unlike anything I've read before and therefore it's going to be a must-read for the next year.

Which book are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Carina

11 comments:

  1. Great pick my dear! Im looking forward to Mila too!! =DDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, the synopsis sis super short, but ... the cover totally sells the book here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like! Puts me in mind of the defunct 'feeling' android in Alien...can't remember which number (I think Alien 3).

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover for this one certainly stands out. It sounds really good too! Looking forward to it being released. I agree, it does sounds pretty unique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I picked Mila 2.0 last week. i love the whole android idea, I love sci-fi and futuristic and the cover to this is gorgeous!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not heard of this book but I will be checking it out! Thanks for spotlighting it!

    Here is my WOW: http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2273

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick! I heard about this the other day on Goodreads. I'll definitely be checking it out next year. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cover. Love the synopsis. Cannot wait for this one. Awesome pick, Carina :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mila looks interesting. Need to add this to my TBR pile when it comes out.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cover on this one and a Bourne-type series would be a great adventure!
    WoW at Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, the cover for this is gorgeous! Great pick. I hadn't heard about this one before. :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!