Sunday, August 19, 2012

New Distractions #10

New Distractions is a weekly feature on Fictional Distraction, inspired by various memes that make us share the new books we got during a week, e.g. In My Mailbox by The Story Siren, This Week in Books by Pop Culture Junkie and Stacking the Shelves by Tynga's Reviews.


The books I received this week:


Bought:

For review:

Huge thanks to Tor/Forge, Macmillan, and Faber and Faber.


I freaked out a little bit when I realized that I was sent my pre-ordered Kindle copy of Onyx last week and immediately decided to ignore my reading schedule to squeeze it in. And I really liked it even though I liked it a bit less than Obsidian, but I cannot wait for book three! And well, the other three NetGalley books I got this week all seem über-awesome and I can't wait to get to them as well. Really tried to stop myself from requesting too much and already feel bad for these three... (but all three have been past WoW picks, which is why I think it's kind of okay for me to have requested them.)

Which new books did you get this week?
Carina

10 comments:

  1. wow great haul! Ironskin has a seriously amazing cover. And Crewel has a different cover than the one I've seen, but I kind if like this version better than the other. Can't wait to see some review :P

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good haul, Ironskin and Shadow Society sound like great reads, and I love how you have justified requesting them :)

    Check out my haul

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Ironskin from netgalley as well and cannot wait to read! The Shadow Society and Crewel are two others that I am excite for too! It's hard to resist netgalley when they have books like those available, right? :)
    You can see what books I got this week here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome haul!
    Onyx is on the way to my house, Ironskin and Shadow Society look really great. I can't wait to see what you think about them. =D
    Enjoy your new books and happy reading! =D

    My IMM : http://ellegoesnerd.blogspot.com/2012/08/in-my-mailbox-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous haul, Carina! I'm really looking forward to your thoughts on The Shadow Society and Crewel. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ironskin has such a fabulous cover and I'm SO looking forward to it. I can't wait to see what you think of those three, and glad you liked Onyx! I hate when the sequel is so disappointing. :(

    enjoy your books!

    ashelynn @ gypsy book reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these look great! I've been tempted to throw everything aside and read Shadow Society and Crewel, but I've been good hehe..I'll be reading them next month though! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The books you requested and received on NetGalley are all AWESOME. I can't wait to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, lots of awesome :D All books seems awesome ;) Hope you'll love them all. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY we both got Onyx! I haven't been able to read it yet, it's almost painful that I haven't! I'm trying to finish of shadows and have been reading it when I have spare time, but I have little of that lately!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I will try to read Beautiful Disaster as soon as I can but I have a few others that are top priority at the moment! Will be looking forward to your reviews of Onyx and Beautiful Disaster so I can find out what I'm missing!

    -Kate
    Nomalicious Reads

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!