Thursday, August 23, 2012

Cover Comparisons #69: Revived by Cat Patrick

Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



Revived by Cat Patrick
(US / UK / ANZ / GER)
You can click on each cover to enlarge it.



I have to admit that I don't truly love any of these covers, but nonetheless they're pretty and might catch my attention in a book store. My least favorite is probably the German one, because - for me - the bottom part completely ruines the gorgeous image of the girl (which you can also see in the cover of Wander Dust by Michelle Warren). My second to last favorite is the AUS/NZ cover, which - while pretty - seems a bit boring and doesn't make me "feel" anything special when looking at it. After that it's a tie between the US and the UK cover for me. I always like the sci-fi feeling of the US cover, but I also really like the style of the UK version - and I really don't know which one's better.
Which version do you like best?
  
pollcode.com free polls 





Which version did you vote for? Why?
I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Carina

1 comment:

  1. I really like the US one because it intrigues me the most!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!