Thursday, August 16, 2012

Cover Comparisons #68: Monstrous Beauty by Elizabeth Fama

Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



Monstrous Beauty by Elizabeth Fama
(US old / US new / GER)
You can click on each cover to enlarge it.


I always liked the seductive and slightly dangerous feeling of the old US cover for Monstrous Beauty, but when I saw the new US version I fell in love with it immediately. I just absolutely love the colors and the mystery it emits. But when I saw the German version in a book store this week (it seems to have been released way before the English version which really confused me at first), I knew which cover is my favorite. The aqua / turquoise color scheme, the really pretty model and the lovely typography in combination with the wonderful textures - I love this cover! Definitely my favorite.
Which version do you like best?
  
pollcode.com free polls 





Which version did you vote for? Why?
I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Carina

7 comments:

  1. New US! I feel that it conveys the title better. ;)

    P.S. Have you seen the cover for the short story? I love that the most!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer the old US one. It goes with the title very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Their all gorgeous but the german wins it for me! Cool blog!
    new follower!
    http://thecrossbreeds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually preferred the old US version at first, but after having read the book, I think the new cover fits better. I'm not the biggest fan of the German cover to be honest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh wow the GER cover rocks!! I'm not a fan of the new US one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im going to go with German, but I do really like the old US. I HATE The new US one though.

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!