Thursday, August 2, 2012

Cover Comparisons #66: Abandon by Meg Cabot

Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



Abandon by Meg Cabot
(US / UK/ GER)
You can click on each cover to enlarge it.


The German cover is... different. I'm not quite sure what to think of it, because while it's definitely eye-catching, I'm not sure whether it gives you the right idea about Abandon's content. When it comes to the US and UK versions I have to admit that I always loved both of them, but I think I might prefer the UK cover a tiny bit more - it's more dramatic and its colors are more appealing to me and if I ever get a copy of this book, I'm sure it'll be the UK version.
Which version do you like best?
  
pollcode.com free polls 


Which version did you vote for? Why?
Carina

5 comments:

  1. As soon as I bought the US edition I found the UK in Goodreads and I thought "OMG... I <3 this cover soooo much!!! Why did I buy the US edition? Why?!" So yeah, I love the UK cover a whole lot ;) Kind of obvious, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The UK books are gorgeous and I'm really thinking about switching! :P

    If somebody wants a sightly worn US paperback edition for the cost of shipping, get in touch with me :)
    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  3. The UK one is beautiful. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the UK edition - it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the US cover one the best because I am a sucker for the black/gold color combo :D

    But they are all pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!