Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #68


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Altered by Jennifer Rush
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for YR
Expected Publication: January 2nd, 2013
Format: Hardcover, eBook, Audiobook
Pages: 336
Goodreads Summary:
When you can’t trust yourself, who can you believe?

Everything about Anna’s life is a secret. Her father works for the Branch at the helm of its latest project: monitoring and administering treatments to the four genetically altered boys in the lab below their farmhouse. There’s Nick, Cas, Trev . . . and Sam, who’s stolen Anna’s heart. When the Branch decides it’s time to take the boys, Sam stages an escape, killing the agents sent to retrieve them.

Anna is torn between following Sam or staying behind in the safety of her everyday life. But her father pushes her to flee, making Sam promise to keep her away from the Branch, at all costs. There’s just one problem. Sam and the boys don’t remember anything before living in the lab—not even their true identities.

Now on the run, Anna soon discovers that she and Sam are connected in more ways than either of them expected. And if they’re both going to survive, they must piece together the clues of their past before the Branch catches up to them and steals it all away.

When I first found out about Altered, I wasn't really sure what to think about it. But the more often I read its summary (and looked at its quite yummy cover), the more I liked the thought of reading it. It sounds quite intriguing, full of action and with a swoon-worthy love story. I'm hoping that it'll live up to my expectations!

Which book are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Carina

7 comments:

  1. Altered sounds fantastic and the more I like at the cover, like you said, the more I want this book. It looks so yummy and the book sounds like it is going to be awesome! I can't wait!

    http://thebucketlist-gn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still trying to figure out if this is Jennifer Rush the musician.. :) Anyway it sounds unique and great!!!! I have a copy from BEA and still need to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! I like the look of this one! It kinda reminds me of Touch by Jus Accardo and I loved that, so here's hoping this will be good too!

    Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW
    Renae @ Rolling with the Moments

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's SO good!!!

    stop by my post?! I have an ARC giveaway of my pick! :)

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of Altered but it sounds interesting and I love the cover :) do I will definitely check it out. Check out my WoW @ www.christysbookaddiction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness that sounds like a good book. Great pick!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    Check out my WOW - http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2248

    ReplyDelete
  7. It definitely sounds quite intriguing! Hmmm. I might have to read this one as well :o Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!