Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #67


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Vessel by Sarah Beth Durst
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry
Expected Publication: September 11th, 2012
Format: Hardcover, eBook
Pages: 320
Goodreads Summary:
In a desert world of sandstorms and sand-wolves, a teen girl must defy the gods to save her tribe in this mystical, atmospheric tale from the author of Drink, Slay, Love."Liyana has trained her entire life to be the vessel of a goddess. The goddess will inhabit Liyana's body and use magic to bring rain to the desert. But Liyana's goddess never comes. Abandoned by her angry tribe, Liyana expects to die in the desert. Until a boy walks out of the dust in search of her.

Korbyn is a god inside his vessel, and a trickster god at that. He tells Liyana that five other gods are missing, and they set off across the desert in search of the other vessels. For the desert tribes cannot survive without the magic of their gods. But the journey is dangerous, even with a god's help. And not everyone is willing to believe the trickster god's tale.

The closer she grows to Korbyn, the less Liyana wants to disappear to make way for her goddess. But she has no choice: She must die for her tribe to live. Unless a trickster god can help her to trick fate--or a human girl can muster some magic of her own.

Vessel makes the cover whore in me very happy. This cover could be enough reason to pre-order this book, but in combination with this über-awesome summary, I can't wait to get my greedy little fingers on a copy of this. I really liked Sarah's Drink, Slay, Love which was already very unique, but Vessel seems to take uniqueness to a whole new level. Is it September yet?

Which book are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Carina

11 comments:

  1. Woooow, that cover is more than a little gorgeous. o: I think I've stared at it for quite some time by now! Hahah *creepy* But anyway, it definitely sounds like a great read as well, so you've without a doubt made my quite curious by now. ;) To-read pile, here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this book but it sounds AWESOME! I especially love the cover..it's gorgeous!! This one will be going in my tbr pile :)

    Check out my WOW!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-54.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Awesome!!!!! This sounds fantastic! The covr is beautiful and the synopsis sounds magically awesome! Plus I love Trickster gods!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Want want waaaant! :) I love the author's writing style. It's the kind that's perfect for fantasy.

    Here's my waiting on wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So this is the same author as Drink, Slay, Love? Which I have yet to read but really want to!! haha. I love this cover!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn’t heard of this one, but it’s definitely going on my TBR list now.
    I love this cover!I´ve read and loved Drink,Slay,Love.
    thanks for sharing.
    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vessel has such a pretty cover. I would have bought it on that basis alone. But I'm happy that the story sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore Sarah Beth Durst, I adore this summary, I adore the cover....this is a Day One buy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I don't care what the books is about as long as I get to see this beautiful cover. Well it definitely sounds interesting from what I read from the summary. It's a great pick!
    Check out my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many great books coming out in September! This is one that I'm dying to get my hands on!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. I completey ignored the synopsis for ths one when i fist saw it but now i am super excited for ths one! Thanks for sharing.

    Awesome pick! Here's mine. =D

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!