Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #66


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Prophecy by Ellen Oh
Publisher: HarperTeen
Expected Publication: January 2nd, 2013
Pages: 320
Goodreads Summary:
The greatest warrior in all of the Seven Kingdoms... is a girl with yellow eyes.

Kira’s the only female in the king’s army, and the prince’s bodyguard. She’s a demon slayer and an outcast, hated by nearly everyone in her home city of Hansong. And, she’s their only hope...

Murdered kings and discovered traitors point to a demon invasion, sending Kira on the run with the young prince. He may be the savior predicted in the Dragon King Prophecy, but the missing treasure of myth may be the true key. With only the guidance of the cryptic prophecy, Kira must battle demon soldiers, evil shaman, and the Demon Lord himself to find what was once lost and raise a prince into a king.

Intrigue and mystery, ancient lore and action-packed fantasy come together in this heart-stopping first book in a trilogy.

I think this sounds quite similar to Graceling by Kristin Cashore, which I sadly haven't read yet, but I do own a copy! Nonetheless, I put Prophecy on my to-read list as well, because it sounds equally awesome and kick-ass and I'd love to get around to comparing these two sometime in the future.

What are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Carina

22 comments:

  1. This sounds totally AWESOME! I definitely want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree this sounds a little bit like Graceling. I can't believe you haven't read it yet! It's one of my favorite books. <3

    I love high fantasy novels so I'd definitely check this one out. Thanks for sharing!

    Chel @ The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read Graceling and I loved it so I really wanna check this one out!

    Have a great day!

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read Graceling either, but I heard great things about that book! I'm excited to read this one.

    Here's mine: http://shatterbooks.blogspot.com/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds so much like Graceling I'll absolutely have to give it a try!
    Check out my WoW post :)

    -Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds great! thank-you for sharing. I haven't heard of Graceling before now..

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-11th-july.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice choice! :D I love books like those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds awesome! I need more high fantasy in my life! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds amazing! I'll add this one to my to-read list right away because it definitely sounds interesting. I'd love to read it when it comes out.
    Would you like to visit my WOW.

    ~Marti @ The Story Behind the Book Cover

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! It does sound amazing! The premise is very interesting. This will definitely land on my tbr. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm on the fence with this one. It sounds interesting but I usually stay away from all things demon. But alas, I may just give it a go anyway and hope it rocks my world!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is something very eye catching about the cover. I am a little bit hesitant with this one, so I might wait for some reviews first, but it's caught my attention for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard a lot of this one and I'm really excited to read it. Great pick!;)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never heard of this one before but it sounds awesome. I added it to my TBR list thanks for the great share.

    New follower
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh this ones sounds amazing. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I definitely have to read this one.

    Here's mine.

    ~Danica Page
    Be sure to check out my giveaway for any book under $15 if you do stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You had me at the first line! Love stories with strong female leads =D
    Thanks for sharing!

    MaryAnn @ Chapter by Chapter
    Our WoW

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds awesome! I've seen this one around a few times, I'm loving all these kick ass heroine books lately!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Graceling? OMG that book was amazing. i finally got to reading it last month. I have to make sure I finish reading the series this month, maybe. Great pick, by the way!
    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Demons, and a kick-ass solder/assissin-ish heroine? I'm sold ^^ I haven't read nearly enough demon books, so I'm definitely adding this one to the pile!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the sound of this! I featured it in one of my WoW. When i read the synopsis i have to say ooooh! every time. I'm super excted for this one!

    Awesome pick! =D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds awesome! I'll watch out for it as well. :D

    Check out my WoW.

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!