Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #65


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Taken by Erin Bowman
Publisher: HarperTeen
Expected Publication: April 16th, 2013
Pages: 352
Goodreads Summary:
There are no men in Claysoot. There are boys—but every one of them vanishes at midnight on his eighteenth birthday. The ground shakes, the wind howls, a blinding light descends...and he’s gone.

They call it the Heist.

Gray Weathersby’s eighteenth birthday is mere months away, and he’s prepared to meet his fate–until he finds a strange note from his mother and starts to question everything he’s been raised to accept: the Council leaders and their obvious secrets. The Heist itself. And what lies beyond the Wall that surrounds Claysoot–a structure that no one can cross and survive.

Climbing the Wall is suicide, but what comes after the Heist could be worse. Should he sit back and wait to be taken–or risk everything on the hope of the other side?

I could keep staring at this cover forever. These colors - the whole composition - are so beautiful and make me want to read this book immediately. I'm a real cover whore. :D But the summary sounds equally awesome, so I really hope that Taken will live up to my expectations. Too bad it's still so looong until its release.

What are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Carina

10 comments:

  1. You gotta hate those long waiting for release dates, especially when they look as good as this one.

    Wonderful pick!

    My WoW
    Renae @ Rolling with the Moments

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agreee the cover is fantastic! Plus, the book sounds positively amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cover, too. It is amazeballs. I cannot wait to read this one. Awesome pick, Carina! :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the cover too! Those colors really draw me in and the summary intrigues me so much! It sounds like it's going to be amazing! Great pick, Carina :)

    Jessirae @ Words, Pages, and Books
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover is amazing. I love the colour scheme too. The summary sounds interesting, so hopefully it is as good as we are expecting.

    Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I first saw this gorgeous cover on a different blog a week or so ago and fell in love. It looks fantastic and the story sounds really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agree with you on the cover. Lovely color combination there. :)

    Great pick!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen this on a couple other bogs, too, and I'm all on my toes for it! Gorgeous cover, ace synopsis, I WANT!!!

    Thanks for stopping by
    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG YES! I absolutely love this cover! The colors look gorgeous together. And the premise is amazing as well. Great pick! :)
    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an awesome pick! You made me see this book; and want it. :) It sounds so good. Thank you for sharing, sweetie. <3 ;p
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!