Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Review: A Witch in Love by Ruth Warburton

A Witch in Love by Ruth Warburton
Series: Winter #2
Publisher: Hodder Children's Books (Hachette UK)
First published: July 5th, 2012
Source: Received from publisher
Format: Paperback
Pages: 401
Goodreads Summary:
Anna still finds it hard to believe that Seth loves her and has vowed to suppress her powers, no matter what.

But magic – like love – is uncontrollable. It spills out with terrible consequences, and soon, Anna is being hunted.

My Rating: 4.5 / 5

First thoughts:
Where is the third book and just how am I supposed to be able to wait for it? While I already enjoyed the first book of this series, it was almost physically impossible to put away A Witch in Love. Even though I was hoping for a bit more development in the love department, I mentally bit my nails at finding out so many new things about the world Anna was thrown into.

More detailed:
Picking up some time after the events of A Witch in Winter, the second installment of this series starts by showing us how Anna and Seth's relationship has developed since we've last saw them while also letting us know how Anna is trying to cope with her powers - and failing miserably.

Like I already said above, A Witch in Love was impossible to put down and I definitely enjoyed every minute reading it. What I liked most about it was the extra amount of mystery we got and the persistently nagging feeling that something bad might happen - and I definitely wasn't disappointed when it eventually did. On the contrary, I was almost a bit shocked by the things that were happening especially towards the end, but in a very positive way. If you've already liked the first installment, be prepared to be breathless and flip the pages of this one as fast as humanly possible.

In A Witch in Love Anna is confronted with lots of decisions and new information that change her life within the blink of an eye. And even though the other characters aren't in the center of attention as much as she is, it's obvious how their lives develop as well and I can't wait to meet them again.

The only thing I wasn't completely happy with was how the love story developed. While I got some of my expected drama, I had still hoped that there would be more of a love triangle. Nonetheless I still have very high hopes for the third installment in that department, especially considering the small excerpt at the end of the book that gives us a little hint at what might happen in A Witch Alone.

All in all, I'm dying to get my hands on the third book and would recommend you to pick up this series if you're looking for a unique witch story. Even though Ruth's style of writing was already enjoyable in the first book, it developed even more in A Witch in Love and therefore just adds to the addicting plot line and will possibly turn this into one of my favorite series.




Have you read this series? What did you think about it?
Do you plan to read it?

Please feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section below.
Carina

2 comments:

  1. Nope, I haven't read the first one yet. But I LOVE the trailer!! so freaking awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read the first one and desperatly trying to get hold of the second. I love the characters and the plot line, i am really interestd to see where the story will go.

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!