Thursday, July 26, 2012

Cover Comparisons #65: Incarnate by Jodi Meadows

Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



Incarnate by Jodie Meadows
(US / GER)
You can click on each cover to enlarge it.


I think it's very hard to find a book that has a more gorgeous cover than Incarnate, but its German version is actually coming quite close. I absolutely love the cover model's colorful eyes and the flowers on the left side of the cover along with the title that can be translated into The Ocean of Souls. Nonetheless I still prefer the US cover, whose colors and image are just so, so über-gorgeous.


Which version do you like best?
  
pollcode.com free polls 


Which version did you vote for? Why?
Carina

11 comments:

  1. Both of them are so gorgeous! I can't decide! =( But... I think i prefer the US cover.

    Awesome pick! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the German cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the translation of the German title. It is absolutely beautiful and haunting, and I think it is even more perfect than the US title. I love the girls eyes on the German cover, and the flowers, but if you don't pay attention to the very bottom of the cover, where her jaw line is, it looks like her face is extremely wide and it is disconcerting. Otherwise it is beautiful, but the US cover is just amazingly flawless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both but I think the US one comes closer to the story, plus the powerful colors are amazing and stand out! Nevertheless, the german is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I voted for the US - it's gorgeous <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still prefer the US version too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the German cover is gorgeous, but it wouldn't make me stop to pick up the book like the US cover did!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A tough one! But while the German one is real pretty, the US one is even more so as well as nicely symbolizing the story. So, US this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. US cover! Sigh. I ADORE that cover. <3 It is just so gorgeous. :) Loved the book too ;p

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!