Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #62


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Keeping the Castle by Patrice Kindl
Publisher: Viking Children's Books
Expected Publication: June 14th, 2012
Pages: 224
Goodreads Summary:
Seventeen-year-old Althea is the sole support of her entire family, and she must marry well. But there are few wealthy suitors--or suitors of any kind--in their small Yorkshire town of Lesser Hoo. Then, the young and attractive (and very rich) Lord Boring arrives, and Althea sets her plans in motion. There's only one problem; his friend and business manager Mr. Fredericks keeps getting in the way. And, as it turns out, Fredericks has his own set of plans . . . This witty take on the classic Regency--Patrice Kindl's first novel in a decade--is like literary champagne!

This is actually going to be released tomorrow, which I didn't realize until I typed this post. Definitely need to check it out, because it sounds really interesting and the Goodreads reviews I've seen so far were pretty good.

What are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Carina

12 comments:

  1. Hey Carina and happy Wednesday! This sounds like a funny read, I might check it out :) Thanks for sharing! :)

    My WOW this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I've never heard off this one before, buy it looks pretty good! *rushes off to add to Goodreads TBR list* Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!

    Meg @ The Book Galaxy
    Drop by my <a href=" thebookgalaxy.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday-12.html> WoW post</a>?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute cover! Sounds like a really good book too. can't wait for the review :) I'm definitely adding 'Keeping the castle' to my shelfari tbr. Books with castles are just awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really funny - interesting choice of names LOL
    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm on the look out for copies of this book once it comes out. I really, really, really want to read it. Great pick :)

    Check out my WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great pick.

    http://thecharacterconnection.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a romantic and great read! Saw the cover before but didn't truly read the synopsis until now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carina! What a wonderful pick! I haven't heard of this before but it sounds so good. I'm definitely adding this one to my list as well! Thanks so much for sharing :)

    Jessirae @ Words, Pages, and Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never heard of this title. Great WOW pick.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book sounds great! I hadn't heard of it before either. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is in my TBR list. Definitely sounds great and it's out already! Great pick. :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haven't heard of it but adding to my TBR asap. Thanks for sharing, Carina :)

    This one looks good!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!