Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #61


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


The Archived by Victoria Schwab
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Expected Publication: January 2013
Goodreads Summary:
Imagine a place where the dead rest on shelves like books.

Each body has a story to tell, a life seen in pictures that only Librarians can read. The dead are called Histories, and the vast realm in which they rest is the Archive.

Da first brought Mackenzie Bishop here four years ago, when she was twelve years old, frightened but determined to prove herself. Now Da is dead, and Mac has grown into what he once was, a ruthless Keeper, tasked with stopping often-violent Histories from waking up and getting out. Because of her job, she lies to the people she loves, and she knows fear for what it is: a useful tool for staying alive.

Being a Keeper isn't just dangerous—it's a constant reminder of those Mac has lost. Da's death was hard enough, but now her little brother is gone too. Mac starts to wonder about the boundary between living and dying, sleeping and waking. In the Archive, the dead must never be disturbed. And yet, someone is deliberately altering Histories, erasing essential chapters. Unless Mac can piece together what remains, the Archive itself might crumble and fall.

Shame on me, I haven't even read The Near Witch yet. But I think having a pretty hardback copy of it, which is currently sitting on my shelf and which I plan to take on vacation with me in July, may be a good reason to forgive me that severe mistake. Nonetheless I'm very excited for Victoria's upcoming new series The Archived, which sounds so incredibly unique and wonderful that I wish it were January already. Oh, and of course I love that cover, too. So mysterious!

What are you waiting on this Wednesday?
Are you excited for The Archived as well?

Leave your thoughts in the comment section below!
Carina

20 comments:

  1. I am SO excited for this book!! I can't believe I just found out about it last week..it sounds awesome.

    Happy reading and check out my waiting on Wednesday!!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday-48-ashes-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds interesting. I don't think I've read something like that before. *adds to TBR list* Thanks for sharing!

    Here's what I'm waiting for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh. This looks gooood. I need to read 'The Near Witch' too. Thanks for sharing, Carina :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Awesome pick :D I am dying to read this book. <3 it just seems so so so good. I liked The Near Witch. Didn't love it; but it was beautiful and unique :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard if this one before, but now I really want it! The cover is gorgeous and creepy and basically awesome. Excellent pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually haven't heard of this one before, but it sounds amazing! And I also haven't read The Near Witch either :$

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like such a great read! -adds to wishlist-
    my WoW post

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good pick LOL! Though I can't believe you still haven't read The Near Witch! *shakes head* That was one of my 2011 Top5!
    And I SO can't wait for The Archived! *swoons* Is it January yet? o.O

    Here is my WoW: http://tinyurl.com/7qsrpfe
    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read The Near Witch yet either! If it's possible the blurb sounds better than the amazing cover. Can't wait for this to be released!

    ComaCalm's WoW Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha. Agree there with Vickie. The blurb sure does sound better than the cover. Great pick! :D

    Drop by my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh nice pick!? Was this cover just released? I've never heard of this book before. Or I could have I just don't recognize it because it now sports an amazing cover. Oh well...anyway...nice pick girl! Can't wait for this one to come out!! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds really good, deliciously sinister. I liked The Near Witch, it wasn't what I expected at all, not in a bad way though. :)

    I just added this one to my GR list! Nice choice. :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome pick! I'm dying to read this one. :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, sounds kind of exciting, yet creepy. I can visualize it, though. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds so different and interesting. And I love that cover! Great pick this week! :)
    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This book sounds amazing! I just added it to my TBR. Terrific pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome pick that I am going to have to check out!


    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    My WoW - http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2102

    ReplyDelete
  18. Totally added that to my TBR list! The premise sounds great and I adore the cover!

    -Sky @ YA Infatuation
    My WoW: http://yainfatuation.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks like an incredible story.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OOh sounds creepy. I definitely have to read this one now. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's my pick for the week.

    ~Danica Page
    Taking It One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!