Monday, June 25, 2012

Fictional Distractions of the Week #35

Welcome to Fictional Distractions of the Week. It is inspired by Book Journey's It's Monday! What are you reading? and Fiktshun's My Reading Pile and it will show you what I'm planning to read during the next week.


The books I plan to read this week:

The first book on next week's tbr-pile for me is All These Lives by Sarah Wylie, which I've heard good things about and can't wait to read myself. It sounds very mysterious and captivating, so I really hope that my expectations will be met.
Goodreads Summary:
Sixteen-year-old Dani is convinced she has nine lives. As a child she twice walked away from situations where she should have died. But Dani’s twin, Jena, isn’t so lucky. She has cancer and might not even be able to keep her one life. Dani’s father is in denial. Her mother is trying to hold it together and prove everything’s normal. And Jena is wasting away. To cope, Dani sets out to rid herself of all her extra lives. Maybe they’ll be released into the universe and someone who wants to live more than she does will get one. Someone like Jena. But just when Dani finds herself at the breaking point, she’s faced with a startling realization. Maybe she doesn’t have nine lives after all. Maybe she really only ever had one.

After that I'll be reading Wings of Arian by Devri Walls, whose blog tour is coming up and I'm sooooo excited. Not only do I love this cover, but this summary is über-awesome and I just can't wait to start reading this book!
Goodreads Summary:
Kiora thought she had never heard a lie until she was sixteen. But she was wrong. Her entire existence was based on nothing but. She thought that evil did not exist. Lie. That magic was not real. Lie. And that the land of Meros was all there was. One more lie.

With Aleric telling her that evil is knocking on the door and that she is the only one who can stop them she has a choice to make. Refuse, or start the wildest most painful ride of her life.
She reluctantly dips her toe into her new existence of magic and threads, dragons and shapeshifters, and the person who wants to take control of it all: the evil Dralazar.

However, this journey was never meant to be hers alone. She will be accompanied by a Protector. To her disbelief, and utter irritation they name the hotheaded, stubborn, non -magical, (albeit gorgeous) Prince Emane. They will have to trust each other with their lives, but right now Kiora would settle for a non hostile conversation.

And now it comes down to this, If you had never heard a lie, would you know when you heard one? Is knowing good from evil innate? Kiora finds herself having to decide who lives and who dies on those very questions.

I'm also planning, or at least hoping, to start Lonely Souls by Karice Bolton, in whose blog tour I'll also be participating. This is another awesome book I've been looking forward to read ever since I first read its summary and I just hope that it'll turn out to be as awesome as I'm expecting it to be.
Goodreads Summary:
It's two weeks before Triss turns 18, and her world is about to change into the most magical one imaginable as she readies herself to enter The Witch Avenue Order... that is until her mother's disappearance. Determined to find out what happened to her mother, Triss uncovers cryptic messages that lead her to the dark side of magic that she never wanted to believe existed. Forced on a journey that may not give her the answers she was hoping for, it's up to Triss not to fall victim to the realm of Lonely Souls.

What are your Fictional Distractions of the Week?

 

4 comments:

  1. I have not read any of these books before. But they do look awesome :D I hope you'll love them. <3 ;) I don't know what I'm reading this week. Hope to get to re-read Graceling before leaving for Orlando. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these lives would be the only book that is interesting for me, but I will take a closer look. Happy Reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. enjoy
    wings or arian sounds gr8

    ReplyDelete
  4. All these lives sound interesting. I hope you enjoy them! :D

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!