Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fictional Distractions of the Week #34

Welcome to Fictional Distractions of the Week. It is inspired by Book Journey's It's Monday! What are you reading? and Fiktshun's My Reading Pile and it will show you what I'm planning to read during the next week.


The books I plan to read this week:

The first book of this week's tbr-pile is Pretty Amy by Lisa Burstein, which I've also already started reading today and really like the first 13%. I can't wait to see where this story will go and really hope to finish it soon.
Goodreads Summary:
Amy is fine living in the shadows of beautiful Lila and uber-cool Cassie, because at least she’s somewhat beautiful and uber-cool by association. But when their dates stand them up for prom, and the girls take matters into their own hands—earning them a night in jail outfitted in satin, stilettos, and Spanx—Amy discovers even a prom spent in handcuffs might be better than the humiliating “rehabilitation techniques” now filling up her summer. Worse, with Lila and Cassie parentally banned, Amy feels like she has nothing—like she is nothing.

Navigating unlikely alliances with her new coworker, two very different boys, and possibly even her parents, Amy struggles to decide if it’s worth being a best friend when it makes you a public enemy. Bringing readers along on an often hilarious and heartwarming journey, Amy finds that maybe getting a life only happens once you think your life is over.

My copy of The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead will arrive on Monday and since I've been trying really hard to reduce my review pile, I'm going to allow myself and finally read one of my own books - and I can't wait for this one. Oh, Adrian - I've missed you!
Goodreads Summary:
Tough, brainy alchemist Sydney Sage and doe-eyed Moroi princess Jill Dragomir are in hiding at a human boarding school in the sunny, glamorous world of Palm Springs, California. The students--children of the wealthy and powerful--carry on with their lives in blissful ignorance, while Sydney, Jill, Eddie, and Adrian must do everything in their power to keep their secret safe. But with forbidden romances, unexpected spirit bonds, and the threat of Strigoi moving ever closer, hiding the truth is harder than anyone thought.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Richelle Mead's breathtaking Bloodlines series explores all the friendship, romance, battles, and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive. In this second book, the drama is hotter, the romances are steamier, and the stakes are even higher.

Then I'll be going back to my pile of review books and read Flirting in Italian by Lauren Henderson. I've been hearing pretty good things about this one and can't wait to find out whether it's the awesome summer read I'm expecting it to be.
Goodreads Summary:
Four girls. One magical, and possibly dangerous Italian summer. Family mysteries, ancient castles, long hot nights of dancing under the stars . . . and, of course, plenty of gorgeous Italian boys!



What are your Fictional Distractions of the Week?
 

6 comments:

  1. Wow, these are some great books! I hope you enjoy them. Flirting in Italian looks like a really fun read, even though I'm not usually into contemp, I might have to pick it up!

    This week, I'm planning on reading Half Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Have you read it?

    -Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to read Bloodlines first before I can dive into The Golden Lily. I'm excited to read it, however. I wish I can tell you what I'll be reading this week. I can never tell ahead of time. Lol! Again, if I haven't mentioned it, you have such a stead fast reading discipline, Carina! Good job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are going to seriously love Adrian in this one...I mean more than you already do of course. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm listening to Golden Lily right now on audio! Then, I'm going to finish Spark (Elementals II) and then I'm probably going to start "Meant To Be". Happy Week! Totally looking forward seeing how you like those books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very excited to read Flirting in Italian! I've also heard that its a great read. I want that scooter! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flirting in Italian and Pretty Amy both have crazy pretty covers and I do love the sound of both of them!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!