Thursday, June 28, 2012

Cover Comparisons #61: Slide by Jill Hathaway

Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



  Slide by Jennifer E. Smith
(US / UK / GER)
You can click on each cover to enlarge it.


Before I found out about the German cover, the US version was definitely my favorite. While I got used to the UK version, there's still something weird about the cover model's surprised expression that would never make me want to pick up this book in a store (love the color scheme though). The US cover though is really pretty and still somewhat unique in the YA cover world. But I'm sooo in love with the German cover. The effect of the girl's crumbling face is creepy and awesome at the same time and would make me want to know more about the book immediately
Which version do you like best?
  
pollcode.com free polls 






Which version did you vote for? Why?
Leave your thoughts in the comment section below!
Carina

5 comments:

  1. Omg I love the GER cover that's so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The German cover is really cool, but I think I still like the US version more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the US cover. Don't like the UK cover :p But yes! The German one is perfect :D Love that one most. <3 thank you for sharing ;D

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!