Thursday, June 21, 2012

Cover Comparisons #60: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



(US / UK new hardcover / UK old hardcover / UK paperback / GER)
You can click on each cover to enlarge it.


First I probably should mention how much I love The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight and if you haven't read it yet, go ahead and buy a copy right now! I also really like its covers, although my favorite is definitely the new UK hardcover copy (which is also what I have sitting on my shelf). While it's almost identical to the US cover, I love the bluish tint to it, which makes it look a little bit more alive. The old UK cover is okay, but it doesn't really look like a Young Adult novel, but more like a Chick Lit one. The UK paperback cover looks really cute and is probably going to make a lot of readers pick it up, because it looks like a perfect summer read. I'm not really sure about the German cover though - it is definitely unique with its muted colors and pretty, but I'm not exactly sure whether it'd catch my eye in a store.

Which version do you like best?
  
pollcode.com free polls 






Let me know which version you voted for and why?!
Carina

10 comments:

  1. I have the same copy you have, but I think I prefer the US version. There is nothing as romantic as a black/white photograph :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hands down the US one.. I agree I like the bluish tone of the UK cover, but I'm just a sucker for black, white and red!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the US version the best. Red is one of my favourite colours and I love the high contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the couple in the heart best all, and I like the bluish tone of the UK cover so that's the one I went with,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am partial to the original US version. I just love black&white with red accent. Also, there is something so breathtakingly romantic about kisses captured in places of travel. Love this book and all of the various covers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the new UK cover, I just love the bluish tint. I actually haven't read this book yet, so I'm hoping to get it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. While all of the covers are cute, I just feel like the US one fits the best! The bluish tint is just one of those edits that I don't get, haha. Just use the pretty, original. ;) LOL. So yeah, I vote US :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I own and love the US hardcover. And although I do like the blue tint to the UK edition, I don’t like the author font nearly as much! For some reason, I’m really keen on the new UK paperback. It matches the trailer so well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like thew UK hardcover...its the same as the US, but the blue makes it look prettier.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not read this yet but I have read a lot of good things. I will have to read it eventually.

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!