Thursday, June 14, 2012

Cover Comparisons #59: Fated by Alyson Noel

Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



Fated by Alyson Noel
(US / UK / GER)


When I first saw covers for Fated, I definitely preferred the US cover. I still like its cover most, but with time I've come to appreciate the image cropping of the UK cover a lot more. There's a bit too much negative space on the US cover for my taste. I don't really like the German cover at all - while the colours are pretty, too, I think that the overall composition is a bit weird. All in all, my definite favorite is the UK cover although I'd love to see it with the US coloring.

Which version do you like best?
  
pollcode.com free polls 






Which version did you vote for? Why?
Leave your thoughts in the comment section below!
Carina

8 comments:

  1. "All in all, my definite favorite is the UK cover although I'd love to see it with the US coloring." Totally agree! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite has to be the UK cover also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not seen the US/UK book in real life but judging from the pics I prefer the US one more. I love the soft pink color and the way the crows/birds are placed.

    The composition of the German cover is kinda odd. x_x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hard to choose. I like the colors of the US one better than the yellow. But I agree with you on the negative space and... I love the font much better from the UK one... The German one is not speaking to me at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite is the US one. <3 I adore it. Love the color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the UK one because the title really stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh my god I love the GER one! I hadn't seen it before. I'm not a fan of the US one at all I find it doesn't stand out from all the other similar ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The U.S. one is the best. To me, the yellow background in the U.K. version doesn't fit well with the picture of the girl.

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!