Thursday, June 7, 2012

Cover Comparisons #58: Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay

Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay
(US / GER)


Both of these are really pretty. I love the picture and overall feeling of the US cover - it looks quite dramatic and would immediately catch my eye in a book store. But I also really like the German cover, because its colors and the typography are really pretty. If I had to choose though, I'd go for the US cover, because despite the cliché of a girl in a pretty dress, the composition of this version is a lot more unique than the German cover.

Which version do you like best?
  
pollcode.com free polls 









Leave a comment below and let me know which version you voted for and why!
Carina

4 comments:

  1. I'd have to agree; I love the US cover more than the German one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love getting to see the different covers you show. Thanks for sharing. My favorite this time has to be the US cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer the US one slightly but I actually really like both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's rare that I actually like US covers (YA covers all seem to be too trendy these days - big poofy dresses, half a face, etc), but I think this cover is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!