Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #56


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Expected publication: October 23rd, 2012
Pages: 272
Goodreads Summary:
Two days after Mara walks into a police station in Miami at the close of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, she is committed for psychiatric treatment for what her parents believe is a mental breakdown. But what seems like a hallucination to everyone else is a chilling reality for Mara. Someone from her past has discovered her strange, disturbing secret and that someone wants her to pay. But she's about to discover that the price is more than she can bear.

Dark and thrilling, suspenseful and passionate, The Evolution of Mara Dyer will have readers breathlessly turning pages to find out what will become of Mara Dyer next.

There are various reasons why The Evolution of Mara Dyer will be absolutely awesome:
  1. It's the sequel to the awesome The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer.
  2. It's going to be released on my birthday.
  3. They managed to make the sequel's cover just as gorgeous as the first one.
  4. IT'S THE SEQUEL TO THE UNBECOMING OF MARA DYER!!! 
I'm done being crazy... for now. The only thing that makes me a tiny bit sad is that with 272 pages it won't be nearly as long as the first book. I'll have to try to read it slow even though I know that I'll want to devour it.

What are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Carina

17 comments:

  1. Oh my goooooooooosh, how I'm waiting for this one too. How can you not?! LOL. 2012 is awesome when it comes to new releases ;o Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there :) just popping in...

    I haven't read the first book yet but it's on my TBR pile. They both sound like great reads.

    Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Rebecca, above, 2012 is definitely awesome for new releases!! I cannot wait to read this one either.

    New Follower here.

    Chelsey@Charming Chelsey's

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sniff* I haven't even read the first book yet. Any chance on there's a pause button somewhere on series releases? Just so I can catch up. lol.

    Great pick!

    Janus @ The Blair Book Project

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woot! Best pick. <3 I am dying to read this book. Loved the first one so much :D And I adore these covers. They are the best :D Can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have yet to read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, but I so want to! Great WoW choice, Carina. I've chosen a Swedish YA fantasy that's coming our in English this summer for this week WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is there a line forming for those of us lazy bones who haven't read the first book yet but have wanted to? :) I didn't even know it was going to be a series! This looks gorgeous - happy birthday really, really, really early!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your birthday? YAY! Haha.

    @Barbara--Where's the end of that line so I can tag on? :$

    Great pick!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES YES YES! Wait! What? Only 272 pages? I'll be done reading this in one afternoon! >.< Still, can't wait!
    Great choice, Carina!

    Here is my WoW: http://tinyurl.com/7repu6p
    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, we totally have the same WOW this week. I need this book...and right now would be awesome. I can't wait to read it. Oh, and Michelle said that page count is wrong. She mentioned it's about the same length as the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. October *sobs* ... soooooo late!!! I'm sooo excited for this book it's not funny anymore. and how do I LOVE this cover?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait for this sequel!!!! Loved The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer! Great pick! :)

    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooo this seems to be quite popular today. I haven't read the first one but have heard amazing things and I love the covers for these books. Sooo awesome!

    Thanks for sharing, Carina :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been seeing this a lot today! Hooray for it being released on your bday, what a nice bday present. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the 1st book in the series and I'm looking FW to read this sequel. Thanks for sharing. My WOW Post

    ReplyDelete
  16. HAha this one must be very popular this week huh!? I definitely love the cover and how well it matches book 1! Awesome pick, doll!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!