Monday, May 28, 2012

Fictional Distractions of the Week #31

Welcome to Fictional Distractions of the Week. It is inspired by Book Journey's It's Monday! What are you reading? and Fiktshun's My Reading Pile and it will show you what I'm planning to read during the next week.


The books I plan to read this week:

I didn't get to start Dark Kiss by Michelle Rowen last week, so I'm going to do so today. I'm still definitely looking forward to it, especially since I've read a few more positive reviews for it during the last few days. I hope that I'll be one of those who like it, too.
Goodreads Summary:
I don't do dangerous. Smart, über-careful, ordinary Samantha-that's me. But I just couldn't pass up a surprise kiss from my number-one unattainable crush. A kiss that did something to me...something strange. Now I feel hungry all the time, but not for food. It's like part of me is missing-and I don't know if I can get it back. Then there's Bishop. At first I thought he was just a street kid, but the secrets he's keeping are as intense as his unearthly blue eyes. If he's what I think he is, he may be the only one who can help me. But something terrifying is closing in, and the one chance Bishop and I have to stop it means losing everything I ever wanted and embracing the darkness inside me.... NIGHTWATCHERS When angels and demons must work together, something beyond evil is rising...

My read after that will be Undertow by Callie Kingston, whose blog tour will stop by next Tuesday. I don't really know what to expect from it, but I'm looking forward to it nonetheless.
Goodreads Summary:
While she sleeps beside a log on the wild Oregon coast, a rogue wave pulls Marissa into the sea. Now she dreams each night of a merman who rescues her. Obsessed with returning to this beautiful creature, she again risks her life in the frigid ocean.

Will Marissa remain lost forever in the eddies of her mind, or can real love save her from the abyss? Sometimes, the dangers which lie within are the deadliest.

And my last and most anticipated read for this week will be Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. It's insane how many incredibly positive reviews I've read for this one, so I'm almost scared of being let down by all this hype. I really hope I'll enjoy it as much as everyone else.
Goodreads Summary:
Surrounded by enemies, the once-great nation of Ravka has been torn in two by the Shadow Fold, a swath of near impenetrable darkness crawling with monsters who feast on human flesh. Now its fate may rest on the shoulders of one lonely refugee.

Alina Starkov has never been good at anything. But when her regiment is attacked on the Fold and her best friend is brutally injured, Alina reveals a dormant power that saves his life—a power that could be the key to setting her war-ravaged country free. Wrenched from everything she knows, Alina is whisked away to the royal court to be trained as a member of the Grisha, the magical elite led by the mysterious Darkling.

Yet nothing in this lavish world is what it seems. With darkness looming and an entire kingdom depending on her untamed power, Alina will have to confront the secrets of the Grisha…and the secrets of her heart.

What are your Fictional Distractions of the Week?
 

6 comments:

  1. I just finished Dark Kiss last week. :) Looking forward to seeing what you think of it. I still need to read Shadow and Bone, hopefully soon!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for Shadow and Bone. Hope you enjoy this week's distractions :-)

    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, Shadow and Bone is so good! I hope you will love it :D:D It is amazing. <3 the other two books seems good as well ;) Enjoy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man I want Shadow and Bone AND Dark Kiss! I hope you'll enjoy all three books, Carina and that your reviews will persuade me to buy them(but only if they're any good of course ;).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Carina!

    New follower here. Shadow and Bone looks fantastic!

    Check out my blog, I'm hosting a one hundred dollar Amazon giftcard giveaway in honor of the book "Masters of the Veil"

    whyfiction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm reading Shadow and Bone this week too I hear it's amazing so I'm super excited to start it!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!