Monday, May 21, 2012

Fictional Distractions of the Week #30

Welcome to Fictional Distractions of the Week. It is inspired by Book Journey's It's Monday! What are you reading? and Fiktshun's My Reading Pile and it will show you what I'm planning to read during the next week.


The books I plan to read this week:

Reading-wise the last week was a very good one and I'll start the new week with a fresh read: Fated by Alyson Noel. I've heard many mixed things about this one recently, but nonetheless I'm looking forward to read it myself.
Goodreads Summary:
Strange things are happening to Daire Santos. Crows mock her, glowing people stalk her, time stops without warning, and a beautiful boy with unearthly blue eyes haunts all her dreams. Fearing for her daughter’s sanity, Daire’s mother sends her to live with the grandmother she’s never met. A woman who recognizes the visions for what they truly are—the call to her destiny as a Soul Seeker—one who can navigate the worlds between the living and dead.

There on the dusty plains of Enchantment, New Mexico, Daire sets out to harness her mystical powers. But it’s when she meets Dace, the boy from her dreams, that her whole world is shaken to its core. Now Daire is forced to discover if Dace is the one guy she's meant to be with...or if he’s allied with the enemy she's destined to destroy.

Afterwards I'm finally going to read my eARC of Dreamless by Josephine Angelini. Josi was actually the first author I ever interviewed for my blog and I can't wait to find out what she has in store for us in this second book of her series. I really enjoyed Starcrossed and since my wisdom teeth are going to be removed this week, I'm hoping that Dreamless will act as a little pick-me-up.
Goodreads Summary:
Helen needs to get through hell in two ways: by night they reflected the underworld, even worse torments her day that Lucas and they may possibly love. In the underworld, Helen meets Orion. The more time they spend together, the closer they come to. Then something totally unexpected happens, the forces calculated for holding and Lucas Orion: The four houses are combined and Scion, a new Trojan war seems inevitable!

Another book I've been hearing mixed things about recently, but nonetheless it sounds like an awesome read and I can't wait to find out what I'll think about it. Harlequin Teen's titles rarely disappoint me, so I'm hoping Dark Kiss by Michelle Rown won't either.
Goodreads Summary:
I don't do dangerous. Smart, über-careful, ordinary Samantha-that's me. But I just couldn't pass up a surprise kiss from my number-one unattainable crush. A kiss that did something to me...something strange. Now I feel hungry all the time, but not for food. It's like part of me is missing-and I don't know if I can get it back. Then there's Bishop. At first I thought he was just a street kid, but the secrets he's keeping are as intense as his unearthly blue eyes. If he's what I think he is, he may be the only one who can help me. But something terrifying is closing in, and the one chance Bishop and I have to stop it means losing everything I ever wanted and embracing the darkness inside me.... NIGHTWATCHERS When angels and demons must work together, something beyond evil is rising...

What are your Fictional Distractions of the Week?

10 comments:

  1. I am very eager to find out how you will like Fated!! Dreamless was great as was Dark Kiss. My distractions will be The Circle of Secrets and ... let's see what else :)) hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fated seems like an interesting book :D I hope you will love all of these books ;) Enjoy reading them. :) <3 I am gonna read Storybound this book. <3 and hopefully Hemlock and Enchanted as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder what you'll think of Fated. I stopped reading her Immortal series about half-way through, but I hope this is better because it sounds a lot more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fated looks really good! I've seen this a lot on the past few weeks so I'm looking forward to seeing what you think. :) Happy reading hun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, great books! I just started Dark Kiss yesterday, and am planning to start Fated and Dreamless soon! Looking forward to seeing what you think of them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen Dark Kiss around quite a lot, but I'm afraid to pick it up because the cover reminds me of a book I didn't like.

    I hope you'll enjoy all of your reads this week (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've also heard super mixed things about Dark Kiss. I was gonna read it last week but then I was fed up with angel books and decided to skip it. I'll check your review to see if I should get to it or forget it >.<

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man. I wish I can keep to a schedule such as yours. But I'm a very sporadic and random reader so scheduling never works for me. More power to you, Carina :)

    Have a great week as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three good looking books! Especially Fated :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I had seen this earlier, I would have made Fated my WoW. Cool cover, cool leading lady. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!