Monday, May 7, 2012

Fictional Distractions of the Week #28


Welcome to Fictional Distractions of the Week. It is inspired by Book Journey's It's Monday! What are you reading? and Fiktshun's My Reading Pile and it will show you what I'm planning to read during the next week.


The books I plan to read this week:

My first aim for this week is finishing Until I Die by Amy Plum. I absolutely loved the first book and even though I wish that its sequel's pace would pick up soon, I'm enjoying it nonetheless.
Goodreads Summary:
Kate and Vincent have overcome the odds and at last they are together in Paris, the city of lights and love.

As their romance deepens there’s one question they can’t ignore: How are they supposed to be together if Vincent can’t resist sacrificing himself to save others? Although Vincent promises that he’ll do whatever it takes to lead a normal life with Kate, will that mean letting innocent people die? When a new and surprising enemy reveals itself, Kate realizes that even more may be at stake—and that Vincent’s immortality is in jeopardy.

In Die for Me, Amy Plum created a captivating paranormal mythology with immortal revenants and a lush Paris setting. Until I Die is poised to thrill readers with more heart-pounding suspense, spellbinding romance, and a cliff-hanger ending that will leave them desperate for the third and final novel in the series.

Once finished with Until I Die, I'm planning to pick up The Summer My Life Began by Shannon Greenland which sounds like such a fun summer contemporary read - can't wait to get to it!
Goodreads Summary:
Elizabeth Margaret—better known as Em—has always known what life would contain: an internship at her father’s firm, a degree from Harvard and a career as a lawyer. The only problem is that it’s not what she wants. When she gets the opportunity to get away from it all and spend a month with the aunt she never knew, she jumps at the chance. While there, Em pursues her secret dream of being a chef, and she also learns that her family has kept some significant secrets from her, too. And then there’s Cade, the laid-back local surfer boy who seems to be everything Em isn't. Naturally, she can’t resist him, and as their romance blossoms, Em feels she is living on her own terms for the first time.

And I'm also going to start reading Beckoning Light by Alyssa Rose Ivy, which I've heard good things about and will read for its upcoming blog tour. Can't wait to see whether it's as awesome as it sounds!
Goodreads Summary:
As Charlotte steps through the gate, she has a strong feeling that nothing will ever be the same again.

Moving back to South Carolina after three years away, Charlotte knows she's going to have to face people from her past and adjust to a new high school, but she's completely unprepared for what else waits for her in Charleston.

Drawn through an old garden gate, Charlotte discovers a hidden world where she meets Calvin, a boy to whom she is inexplicably attracted. As Charlotte is pulled deeper into this hidden world, it's up to her older brother Kevin to rescue her. No matter how hard Kevin tries, the rescue depends upon Charlotte fighting her intense feelings for Calvin while mastering a set of abilities that she has only just discovered she possesses.

What are your Fictional Distractions of the Week?
 

2 comments:

  1. Until I Die! Can't wait for the review! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also reading Until I Die! It's really nice right now, can't wait to see if I love it or not this time :) (had some issues with the first). I finished The Summer My Life Began a couple of days ago... Sadly I didn't really like it :( But I hope you do!

    Have an amazing week, Carina, and I hope you manage to finish all these books you have planned for the week :D

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!