Saturday, May 19, 2012

Distractive Obsessions #09

Distractive Obsessions are books that are going to be released very soon and that I'm dying to read - books that I know I'm going to be obsessed with until I'll finally hold them in my hands and read them.


This week's pick is DARKNESS BEFORE DAWN by J.A. London.
It's going to be published on May 29th, 2012 by HarperTeen.
ISBN: 9780062020659 | pre-order: The Book Depository / Amazon / B&N

Goodreads Summary:
This electrifying new trilogy blends the best of paranormal and dystopian storytelling in a world where the war is over. And the vampires won.

Humans huddle in their walled cities, supplying blood in exchange for safety. But not even that is guaranteed. Dawn has lost her entire family and now reluctantly serves as the delegate to Lord Valentine, the most powerful vampire for miles. It isn’t until she meets Victor, Valentine’s son, that she realizes not all vampires are monsters....

Darkness Before Dawn is a fresh new story with captivating characters, unexpected plot twists, a fascinating setting, and a compelling voice. Written under the name J. A. London by a talented mother-son team, the trilogy is perfect for fans of True Blood and the House of Night and Morganville Vampires series.

I can't believe that I haven't even pre-ordered Darkness Before Dawn even though I've been in love with the sound of it ever since I first read its synopsis. I love how the vampire genre is being combined with the dystopian genre lately - if this one is just a bit as good as The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa, I'm sure I'll like it!

Which book are you obsessing over at the moment?

10 comments:

  1. Probably INSURGENT. I have 2 copies of it (one is signed from Veronica Roth) and I can't wait to read them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying for this book too! It sounds amazing! I loved The Immortal Rules too, so I'm super excited for this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a cool mix, too (that of vamps + dystopian setting)

    Well, right now. I just finished Sweet Evil, it was amazeballs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your summary on this! Just pre ordered cant wait for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot wait for this book either! I absolutely love the cover.

    Chelsey@Charming Chelsey's

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh, a good pick to obsess over! I am, too, but a friend is going to send me her ARC, so yippy for me! ;)

    hm... I'm obsessing over When the Sea is Rising Red and Pandemonium. gah, can't wait to read those two! <3 just need to get through my list of ten reads.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I definitely can't wait for this onetoo! There are a lot of summer contemp reads I am excited for. A Midsummer's Nightmare, Pushing the Limits, and My Life Next Door, just to name a few!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cover of Darkness Before Dawn! It's gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I SOOOOO can't wait to get started on this! I am in love with the cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cover is great! Very dark and mysterious :D And I keep liking covers with girls and dresses on it :p

    I also have a pick this week for a book I can't wait for:
    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-13-adrienne-stoltz.html

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!