Saturday, May 12, 2012

Distractive Obsessions #08

Distractive Obsessions are books that are going to be released very soon and that I'm dying to read - books that I know I'm going to be obsessed with until I'll finally hold them in my hands and read them.


This week's pick is OF POSEIDON by Anna Banks.
It's going to be published on May 22nd, 2012 by Feiwel & Friends.
ISBN: 9781250003324 | pre-order: The Book Depository / Amazon / B&N

Goodreads Summary:
Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he’s heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen—literally, ouch!—both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma’s gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom . . .

Told from both Emma and Galen’s points of view, here is a fish-out-of-water story that sparkles with intrigue, humor, and waves of romance.

I remember falling love with the cover and synopsis of Of Poseidon immediately when I first saw it. But within the past few weeks so many fabulous and positive reviews have started to appear on many, many blogs that it's almost impossible for me to resist the urge to put down my current read and pick up my eARC of Of Poseidon. This is why I can't wait to put it onto my tbr-pile for the next week and hopefully be swept away by its awesomeness.




Which book are you obsessing over at the moment?

9 comments:

  1. Ooh, I've been after this one too but didn't get approved. Maybe I'll get one form the store then :)
    Enjoy reading ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have actually read this book :D And I did love it. Well, some things I really hated :( But overall, it is an awesome book. I hope you'll like it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow this reminds me of "Tempest Rising". The synopsis sounds so similar...
    Well, I'm curious whether you'll like this book. Maybe your review will convince me :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read this book! Makes me think that I should have gotten it from Audible instead of The Hunt
    WTF Are You Reading?: Not Too Sure That I Want In On "The Hunt"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked this book although the ending killed me. You have to read it very soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh, Of Poseidon is one I need to read, too. excited to see what you think of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read Poseidon too :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to purchase Of Poseidon! Everything seems so great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so obsessed with the cover for this book. It's Gorgeous! I can't wait to get started on it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!