Thursday, May 10, 2012

Cover Comparisons #54: The Alchemy of Forever by Avery Williams

Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



The Alchemy of Forever by Avery Williams
(US / UK / GER)


All three covers are pretty in their own way, but I think my favorite is the UK version, because the whole composition is really special and something you don't get to see often for Young Adult novels. While I'm a tiny bit bored by the flowers on the German cover and I'm not the biggest fan of the three faces on the US cover (which I think is really gorgeous and shiny in real life though), I like the others though, too.

Which version do you like best?
  
pollcode.com free polls 







Last week's winner is the UK cover of Tempest Rising by Tracy Deebs.




Carina

10 comments:

  1. My favorite is definitely the US one. I think I may just be used to it but I think it's a great cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely definitely the UK cover for me. It's all to do with the soft colours, and it's just a little bit different to most other books at the minute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually have NO idea which book cover that I prefer... I think I'm leaning towards the US cover, though I think they're all really nice. :)

    Stephanie
    My latest post: From the Review Pile (1)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the UK cover the best as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I own the UK edition, but I'm a fan of the US cover. It shows an essential aspect of Sera's story, that she can never be sure who she really is and that she has lived so many different lives. The German flower cover does really look boring, I'm tired of those

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I love cover comparisons! I love the UK cover for this. That definitely appeals to me the most! The US one is okay. I'm not really liking the German one. It just doesn't look like a YA book to me. :)

    Apparently there is going to be another paperback cover too:
    http://www.bookdepository.com/Alchemy-Forever-Avery-Williams/9781442443174

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, I hope I didn't fail and vote wrong now! *stupid laptop*
    Anyways, I'm with you on the UK! I loooove it. It's SO intriguing, I want to pick it up right away. Close second is the US though--it's just so beautiful. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the UK version too. I always hated the US cover because it didn't match the description of the girl in the book. The UK cover really depicts something that goes on in the book.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. I prefer U.S version, well maybe because I've seen it around many times and it quite caught my sight.
    U.K is unique though but I don't really like the title and text arrangement. The Germany's is more like Hana's cover for me :p

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have only seen the US on around but I love the UK version.

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!