Thursday, May 3, 2012

Cover Comparisons #53: Tempest Rising by Tracy Deebs


Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.



Last week's winner is the UK cover of Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick.




Tempest Rising by Tracy Deebs
(US / UK / GER)


Even though many people loved it immediately, I didn't like the US cover at all when I first saw it. By now I've got used to it and think it's "ok", but nothing special. When I first saw the German cover, I really liked it, but I have to admit that with time it ges a bit weird to look at - probably because of the translucent girl. So in the end, my favorite of these three is the UK cover, even though I wished that there was another color than blue visible... nonetheless I like it best.

Which version do you like best?
  
pollcode.com free polls 



Carina

12 comments:

  1. I completely agree. The UK is my favorite but there is something about the German cover I really like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Don't like the US cover :p But the UK cover looks awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no!! The German Ashes cover didn't win ;(( Tempest Rising - hm, I saw the cover and it didn't intruige me. Ilove the tattoos, but there is something that puts me off, maybe it's the font, or the background.
    Anyways, I like the UK cover, simple and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I def. like the US cover best, although I wouldn't categorize it as amazaing. "ok" was a good word choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. NIce!! I think I like the US one better though. More vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't love the US at all, it's definitely between the UK or German one and to be honest, this time I prefer the latter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite is the German cover. I think it's beautiful ;) Thank for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's something very 90s-esque about the German cover that I really enjoy. Apart from that, I don't see anything too special about the covers, though I love the font of the UK version.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I'm an old gfc follower of yours. :)
    I'm sorry to bother you, but if you have time, Would you please visit my blog and follow me back?
    thanks!!

    http://notjustnonsense.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the German one. That is some awesome cover art. Very ethereal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm rippeda part from the Uk and the German version, but i did it i voted for the UK cover! Wahooo! Lol. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wait wrong vote! XP Nooo! I pick US version please change it! You know the one with the flashy purple, tattoo ad everything? Yeah, that one. i'm getting muddled up which cover is from which cpuntry.

      Delete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!