Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Launch Party: Frost by Kate Avery Ellison

I'm quite happy to be part of today's Launch Party for Frost by Kate Avery Ellison, hosted by AToMR Tours. To take a look at the other very awesome posts of this Launch Party (and maybe win some lovely goodies), go here for the tour schedule.

Below the cover and the synopsis, you can read an interview with Lia, Frost's main character.



Synopsis:
In the icy, monster-plagued world of the Frost, one wrong move and a person might end up dead—and Lia Weaver knows this better than anyone. After monsters kill her parents, she must keep the family farm running despite the freezing weather and threat of monster attacks, or risk losing her siblings to reassignment by the village Elders. With dangers on all sides and treachery just one wrong step away, she can’t afford to let her emotions lead her astray. So when her sister finds a fugitive bleeding to death in the forest, a young man from beyond the Frost named Gabe, Lia surprises herself and does the unthinkable.

She saves his life.

Giving shelter to the fugitive could get her in serious trouble. The Elders have always described the advanced society of people beyond the Frost, the “Farthers,” as ruthless and cruel, and her village has nothing to do with them. But Lia is startled to find that Gabe is empathetic and intelligent…and handsome. She might even be falling in love with him.

But time is running out. The monsters from the forest circle her farm at night. The village leader is starting to ask questions. Farther soldiers are searching for Gabe. Lia must locate a secret organization called the Thorns to help Gabe escape to safety, but each move she makes puts her in greater danger. Is compassion—and love—worth the risk?


Hannah Marks as Lia
You’ve been through a lot with your parents being killed. What made you able to carry things on at the farm?

What else can I do? I have to take care of my siblings, Jonn and Ivy. I have to keep spinning the yarn to meet the village quota and keep food on our table. Out here, if you give up you’ll die.


What was the most difficult part for you during that time?

Here in the Frost, there isn’t time to stop and grieve. We had to keep working to meet quota just as we always do. The blizzards didn’t stop, the Watchers didn’t go away—life continued as normal, although nothing would ever be normal again for my family and me.


What was your first thought when you saw Gabe?

Complete shock. I couldn’t understand how a Farther had gotten this far in the Frost alive. And I didn’t know what I was going to do. Leave him there? That would be the safest option? Or did I dare bring him back to my home?


If you could change one thing what would it be?

I would change my world so that my people didn’t have to live in the dangerous Frost to be safe from the Farthers. That way my parents would still be alive, my brother might have gotten the medical attention he needed to avoid losing the use of his legs, and my sister wouldn’t have to work her fingers to the bone to make enough yarn for the village quota each week. And that way, I might actually be able to fall in love with a Farther without suffering heartbreak, because how can I be in love with someone like that when our people are enemies?


If you could have one wish come true, what would you wish?

That my parents were still alive.


Remember to take a look at the schedule for other awesome posts and giveaways!
Twitter | Goodreads | Blog

What do you think? Would you like to read Frost? I think it sounds awesome!
Leave your thoughts below. 
Carina

5 comments:

  1. It totally sounds awesome and the cover looks great :)) It reminds me a little of The Village? Just an idea, I have this sometime when books or movies flash into my mind. But I loved it :) And Hannah Marks looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really interesting, I'd definitely be intrigued to read it and find out more. And that is a wonderful cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds really great. Every blog I stop by makes me want to read it more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds really awesome. I can't wait to read it. Tore923@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview!! So looking forward to this book!!

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!