Saturday, April 21, 2012

Distractive Obsessions #05

Distractive Obsessions are books that are going to be released very soon and that I'm dying to read - books that I know I'm going to be obsessed with until I'll finally hold them in my hands and read them.


This week's pick is SWEET EVIL by Wendy Higgins.
It's going to be published on May 1st, 2012 by HarperCollins.
ISBN:
9780062085610 | pre-order: The Book Depository / Amazon / B&N

Goodreads Summary:
What if there were teens whose lives depended on being bad influences? This is life for sons and daughters of fallen angels in Sweet Evil.

Tenderhearted Southern girl, Anna Whitt, was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She’s aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but it isn’t until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage, and her will-power is put to the test. He’s the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.

A cross-country trip to meet her father forces Anna to face the reality that hope and love are not options for her kind. When she confronts her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?

A few people were already lucky enough to get an ARC and have already read this. Am I jealous? Yes! Why? Because according to their reviews (e.g. Fiktshun's here), Sweet Evil does not only sound incredibly awesome - it actually lives up to these expectations. I have pre-ordered a copy a while ago and now I'm dying to get my e-mail from The Book Depository that they have it and will send it to me soon. Until then - go ahead and read my awesome interview with the lovely Wendy Higgins here.



Which book are you obsessing over at the moment?

12 comments:

  1. I am dying to read this two. The cover, the synopsis, the trailer... everything seems so awesome. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm slightly obsessing over Sweet Evil as well, oh and The Immortal Rules. I didn't request it on NG since I have too many books there as it is right now. Going to buy a copy, less pressure for a review that way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick :D I haven't read much about this book; because I fear I will want it right away. But I have pre-ordered it as well, and can't wait to get it :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Evil! *gasps* I looooved this book! I was phenomenal and I can't wait to share this excitement, this was an incredible and epic read!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for this one!!!! JUST pre-ordered it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaaah, Sweet Evil! I've also preordered it because it sounds SO AMAZING. And everyone seems to like it so much *---* Oh, and the author is a lovely person, too <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait for this one!!! pre ordered

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just added this book to my wishlist a few minutes ago. It sounds awesome and cover is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds Super good!! I'm excited to read it too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the sound of this book too and I've only read positive reviews so far so I'm even more excited to read this one .. I so have to pre-order a copy !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am currently reading it and it is SO good.

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!