Saturday, April 14, 2012

Distractive Obsessions #04

Distractive Obsessions are books that are going to be released very soon and that I'm dying to read - books that I know I'm going to be obsessed with until I'll finally hold them in my hands and read them.


This week's pick is THE SELECTION by Kiera Cass.
It's going to be published on April 24th, 2012 by HarperCollins.
ISBN: 9780062059932 | pre-order: The Book Depository / Amazon / B&N

Goodreads Summary:
For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in the palace and compete for the heart of the gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself- and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.

Yes, I do have an eARC of this one, but at the moment I have no idea when I'll get to it. I might have to change my complete reading-schedule for this one, but no matter what - I won't get to it this weekend. Maybe not even next week. But I'm dying to read this. Even though there have been quite a few mixed reviews during the last weeks for The Selection, I'm still in love with the sound of it. While I have to admit that it was the cover that originally pulled me in and made me want to know more about this novel, but after reading the summary I was hooked. The Bachelor set in a dystopian society? Sounds awesome!


Which book are you obsessing over at the moment?

8 comments:

  1. That's definitely one I can't wait to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is really really good! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS cover apart (sorry, but I can't resist looking at it. I may buy a copy just to have that pretty on my shelf lol), it sounds awesome! I've also heard mixed reviews about it, but I still think it's something worth reading.

    I hope you have time to read it! I'm dying to know what you think of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really excited for this one!! I'm definitely going to need to buy it, that cover is beatiful! And a dystopian?! Instantly added to my TBR.

    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard so many mixed reviews on this one I have a feeling I will hate it by what I've read but I'm still super curious. Plus.. that cover!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read this one too and I also look forward to the tv show :) !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Great obsession ;) I can't wait for this book either. Have pre-ordered it :) It does sound awesome; so I'm hoping we'll both like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved it !! Where did you get an eARC by the way? You have to tell me whether you prefer Aspen or Maxon when you're done. I'm trying to hold off on writing my love triangles post til after its released.

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!