Thursday, April 19, 2012

Cover Comparisons #51: Wings by Aprilynne Pike


Living in Germany gives me the perfect opportunity to compare original covers with the ones German publishers choose. Sometimes they're gorgeous, sometimes they make me cringe, but it's always interesting to see different covers for the same novel.

Cover Comparisons is a weekly feature here at Fictional Distraction.


Last week's winner is the US cover of Glimmerglass by Jenna Black.





Wings by Aprylinne Pike
(US / UK / GER)


While I didn't really love Wings when I read it (and gifted my copy to a person who will hopefully be able to love it more than I can), I've always had a weakness for its covers. The US cover is very simple but oh-so-beautiful, but the more often I see the UK version, the more I like it, too. The German version pales a bit in comparison with the other two (literally), so at this very moment I have to say that the UK cover is my favorite. But that might change in a few weeks. Do you know that feeling?

Which version do you like best?
  
pollcode.com free polls 



Carina

17 comments:

  1. I prefer the US version, somehow. The UK cover is a bit too glittery for me and looks too much like Disney (especially the title). The German version just shows another girl's face and I really start disliking that kind of cover.
    This is why I prefer the US version - it's simple, the colors look good together and I really like the picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I like the GER one. I think my fav is the US though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you :D I like the UK one the most. <3 Although, yeah, the US one is pretty as well :) Not sure if I would like this book; but I do love pretty covers. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite is definitely the US one :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hhhmmmm I think I like the UK and Germany ones. They're prettier :p

    Emily@Emily's Crammed Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  6. UK!!! I have to say the UK covers for these are stunning!!! I love them all! Donna xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never seen the German cover before and I think it might be my favourite but I honestly think it's ruined by the face. The girl is beautiful don't get me wrong but my favourite part of the cover is the bottom half with the half-wing and beautiful font of the title and soft colouring. The face leans the cover towards the generic side. My second favourite would be the US cover, simple yes but as you say it's also beautiful :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like them all but there is definitely something magical about the UK one that draws you in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hm, I don't really like one of these covers. They don't catch my eye... :/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Germany, no doubt here!!!! The original one is kinda nice but.. that's it. The German one however totally catching!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that German cover! The wings are gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I saw the covers I was immediately drawn to the UK one, so guess that's the one for me :) But I like the concept in all the three!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've voted for the US cover but I actually love both the US and the UK's !! I think all the covers for this series are gorgeous !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never seen the UK cover for this before, but it's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the cover of the German version, particular the colours, although the US one is pretty nice, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the UK version, it's the copy I have and its all shiny and sparkly and pink and very girly (which is not me at all) but I love it and it fits the books perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

I read and love every single comment you leave, so thanks a lot for taking your time to let me know what you are thinking about this post! Feel free to leave a link to your blog, so I can check it out, too!
Carina

P.s.: This is a tag- and award-free blog. Thanks a lot for your consideration though!